Drew Kansas unit 17-18 tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drew Kansas unit 17-18 tag

Howdy all, hope everyone's COVID is going great. I got my email confirming my Either Species Muzzleloader tag for Kansas Units 17-18! This will be my first time hunting out there. Does anyone have any words of advice or opinions on those units? I'll plan a scouting trip for sometime in August probably and scope out the WIHA properties. Has anyone had luck obtaining permission to hunt farms out there? Thanks yall.

Hopeful bump

Comment

Haven't hunted deer over there but did birds many years ago. Lots of flat ground.
      I would call some landowners now and not wait til Aug. when you're out there.
      You can look up landowners on the County GIS web pages then google the phone number and call them.
      You might call some bird outfitters and ask about deer hunting and any info they may give you.
      Good luck!

Comment

I hunt North of you in Units 1&2. Difficult to find landowners to let you hunt, as if they like hunters, then they are already enrolled in the WIHA program. If they aren't enrolled, the outfitters have already leased up the desirable farms. Especially for mule deer. You won't have any problem finding good places to hunt, just don't get upset if no one gives permission to a single hunter on his own.

Comment

its been a while

Comment

Originally posted by Blank View Post
            I hunt North of you in Units 1&2. Difficult to find landowners to let you hunt, as if they like hunters, then they are already enrolled in the WIHA program. If they aren't enrolled, the outfitters have already leased up the desirable farms. Especially for mule deer. You won't have any problem finding good places to hunt, just don't get upset if no one gives permission to a single hunter on his own.
            Have you hunted any of the walk in areas and how ere they?

Comment

[emoji102]

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X