2017 Lake Grapevine Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey folks. Dunno if any of y'all will be out there today but figured it might be worth a shot. I was out hiking Grapevine yesterday, and I lost my 12 yr old blue heeler Bronx.

If you happen to come across a blue heeler out there, please PM me! He does have his collar on.

he's the blue one in back of the photo.
    Last edited by Kirby86; 08-26-2017, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Praise God!!! Some kind lady found him on FM 407. 6 miles from where I lost him!

Thank to those who PM'd me. I wouldn't trade any deer in the world for this dog.

Thank you Jesus!!!

Comment

Man I miss hunting Grapevine.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
          One is you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          not yet but gonna be !!!!!

Comment

Any suggestions for a decent morning dove spot in the Lake hunting area?

Comment

Any suggestions on a good Dove spot on Lake property?

Comment

Understand we won't just give away spots
                Please do scout, though

You could check on the west side of 35
                Or you could could do the south eastern side
                Under the bridge might be decent
                Right now there's not much water out there

Basically, you need to start scouting
                Unless you just want to walk out and get lucky
                Then you could have a great day
                This isn't really helpful, I wish I had more to offer

Comment

In all seriousness, I'd try to find somewhere along the bank or any holes of water that have trees nearby. The dove will like to go to the trees for safety. I have seen plenty of dove out there but never shot one. They're tricky.

Comment

When is the date for the redraw? November?

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer94 View Post
                      When is the date for the redraw? November?
                      Nov 3

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                        Nov 3
                        Thanks!

Comment

Step 1: join Backcountry Hunters and Anglers Texas chapter
                          Step 2: email BHA chapter head about perceived grievances
                          Step 3: stop having the mindset of "well I don't want to cause a fuss and have a concerted voice as a group rather than individuals:

Until hunters start realizing that as individuals we are nothing but a nuisance, this crap won't change. Anti-hunters have realized that if they gripe LOUD enough and LONG enough, they'll get what they want. We need to have the same mindset backed up by data and representation. BHA is the closest I've seen to having that.

Grapevine needs to start requiring bowhunters Ed and have a qualification like Haegerman.

I even ran into a guy (and shame on you if you read this, you know who you are) who DOESNT EVEN OWN A BOW who got drawn to hunt out there.

The Corp of Engineers shouldn't have the mindset that "they allow hunting out of the kindness of their heart".

They're a government agency. Corp of Engineer property belongs to YOU, ME, and every other citizen of the United States. If you want change, hold people accountable, but it won't happen individually.

Comment

Very good points Kirby. Wish I could have made it to the Full Draw Film Tour that BHA hosted.

Was the bow less draw winner a hunter planning to take up archery last second or were they unaware it was archery only?

Comment

Last second hunter. And no offense to the Film Tour but it wasn't that great!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                                Last second hunter. And no offense to the Film Tour but it wasn't that great!
                                Agreed. I went to the FDFT event and it was just alright.

But yes, I like the requirement of Bowhunter Ed to apply for grapevine and a proficiency test as well. I really like having the ability to hunt there for the entire season as well (except for the first 3 weeks of bow season). Those first 3 weeks are kind of odd to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X