suppressed subsonic 22lr for pigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suppressed subsonic 22lr for pigs

anyone ever killed pigs with a subsonic 22 suppressed. I never figured it would work but have seen videos of people dropping some big pigs that way

Don't see y not see people dropping them with .22 PCP air rifles and the projectile weights slot less

Comment

Smaller hogs in the ear hole......Done it plenty.

I have seen others hit 6-12 times in the forehead just get ticked off.

Comment

I have killed a bunch in traps with sub-sonic ammo out of either rifles or handguns. Right between the eyes and they are DRT!

Comment

sure it will work, but there are a lot of other, much better choices,,, the real question is why?..... put a can on a larger caliber , the results will be better

Comment

I plan on it soon. Not the best option but at close range through the ear hole it should work.

Comment

For killing them in a trap is all I would do.

No way I would ethically hunt with a 22 for hogs. Not a chance.

I shot them with .300 and .308 and had them run

Comment

If you are in close, 22lr they work dang good. My uncle has killed more with 22lr than any other gun. He hunts thick stuff and most shots are less than 40 yards. Many under 10 yards. He says he can get 4-5 fast shots in with CCI Stingers and they don't go any further than one shot with his 556.

That said, based on his results with Federal standard ammo vs CCI stingers, I don't think subs will get the job done.

Comment

I shoot a bunch of them. I'm sitting in a pop up blind 25 yards from feeder. You have to eat joke them.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    For killing them in a trap is all I would do.

No way I would ethically hunt with a 22 for hogs. Not a chance.

I shot them with .300 and .308 and had them run
                    x2

Comment

CCI standard velocity work with head shots. I did kill one on the run with multiple hits to the body while one was running once.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                        sure it will work, but there are a lot of other, much better choices,,, the real question is why?..... put a can on a larger caliber , the results will be better

Why? My suppressed 22 and suppressed 300BO aren't even remotely comparable in noise levels.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                          Why? My suppressed 22 and suppressed 300BO aren't even remotely comparable in noise levels.

and not in effectivness either!

Comment

I got lucky and dropped a nice sow at 50yrds shooting subs out of my pistol. Double tapped her in the lungs.

Comment

Why?

Comment

Working...
                              X