SPAMMER calls are getting more sneaky.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPAMMER calls are getting more sneaky.

They’re getting worse and worse. Now instead of spammers calling from a unavailable number they’re calling from a familiar area code. I get 2-5 spam calls a day. Wish we could pass a law or something to make it stop. Ridiculous.

I answered this one and it ended up wanting to sell me home security system.
    Last edited by boh347; 02-01-2018, 03:14 PM.

I've been called by my own number

Comment

Get the app called call protect. it will catch 99% of the bs calls.

Comment

I downloaded an app called call protect (for ATT). It has helped quite a bit so if you are on AT&T it might be worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
          My wife receives a call from her number about twice a week.

Comment

Dang I’ve got Verizon.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
              Get the app called call protect. it will catch 99% of the bs calls.
              AT&T Call Protect?

Comment

I get 3-5 calls every day from numbers with the same first 6 digits as mine. Only the last 4 are different. Makes them easy to recognize and ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by brutus View Post
                  My wife receives a call from her number about twice a week.
                  I'm not at all knowledgeable on the topic but I heard a guy talk about it on the radio. Apparently there are number generating sites that these guys use. They type in the number that they are going to call and it generates a similar number (appearing to be a local call) from which it appears their call is coming from... if that makes sense. I've got a few calls from numbers with 9 of 10 digits the same. Finally got one from my exact number. "Tim Longoria calling" Pretty sneaky. If only they'd use their powers for good ...

Comment

This happened to me just the other day.

Comment

I got a call yesterday from my own number - don't know how that is possible. I was hoping it was "future me" calling with a warning or a hot betting tip but there was nobody there...

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        I got a call yesterday from my own number - don't know how that is possible. I was hoping it was "future me" calling with a warning or a hot betting tip but there was nobody there...

I get calls from cities all around me just about every day, I hope my own number calls me someday, that would be hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I started answering these calls just to waste their time. As soon as they start talking, I interrupt them and start telling them about how my hunting season is going. After I get done with hunting season, if they haven't hung up I will start talking about the fish I've been catching. Most of the time I don't get to make it to the fish tales.

Comment

I use an app called Hiya.

Comment

I started blocking each every one of those numbers. It seems to have really helped.

Comment

Working...
                              X