No announcement yet.

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm headed up as soon as I drop the kids off at school in the AM. Planned on muzzle loader hunting but with the rain, will probably bow hunt all weekend. Looking forward to seeing some action between rain showers.

Comment

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Gonna go up on the 27th and check my cameras and move them to a new area depending on the sign. Say some prayers for me guys, hoping to have some big boys on camera. Gonna hang a couple mock scrapes as well, we shall see what turns up!

Comment

We are going to delay it a day. Had to fly out of town for business. Should be up Saturday afternoon if I can get to camp. Worried about the low water crossings. Will be up through muzzle loader season all week.

Comment

I plan on hunting Sunday through Wednesday and then back for the weekend.

Comment

Our camp will be pretty full all week,I'm only staying the weekend.

Comment

I requested the entire month of November off except thanksgiving and the day before it. With another defection imminent, and us being short handed, I suspect I'll be getting the bad news that my time off request has been denied. Never fear....., I still have 14 days off next month and I might get sick, cough, cough, you never know. There's the easy way to get time off (request it) and there's the hard way when, because of poor upper management and procrastination, you have to get it one way or the other (the hard way).

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                I requested the entire month of November off except thanksgiving and the day before it. With another defection imminent, and us being short handed, I suspect I'll be getting the bad news that my time off request has been denied. Never fear....., I still have 14 days off next month and I might get sick, cough, cough, you never know. There's the easy way to get time off (request it) and there's the hard way when, because of poor upper management and procrastination, you have to get it one way or the other (the hard way).
                Where you the Police at? Only guessing by the work schedule (I have a similar one with IPD)

Comment

Sat in a transition between 15 year old planted pines and a hardwood wash. Saw a spike at 5:30 and 2 does right at dark. Closest was 43 yards. Back at it with the rain gear tomorrow AM.

Hope you get to take your time Daniel. Good luck

Comment

Well if muzzleloader was open last night megatron would be dead. I got out early last night to check the big food plots I am hunting this evening, I walked up on him 30 yards away. He didn't really spook, just turned around and walked off. He is every bit as big as the pictures, he dwarfs the 170" I killed in '13.

The hunting has been great . I have a buddy hunting with me this weekend, he saw 35 deer last night and has already had a 150" 6x6 come through dogging a doe. My expectations are very high for the rest of this weekend. Things are getting right !

Comment

My views this evening with muzzleloader in hand.

Comment

I'll bet Megatron at 30 yards really got your heart going. Not a long list of folks that have walked up on a ~200" deer. Good luck.

This was my first dawn to dusk sit of the season. Could have done without so much rain and swirling winds but I won't complain! I was in the woods. I don't like muzzle loader hunting in the rain do I decided to bow hunt today. Saw a trio of does being followed by a forked horned buck, two coyotes, a lone turkey and a half dozen grey squirrels. Nothing came within my comfortable range. Pulling out the smoke pole tomorrow.

Comment

Forgot to post up some of the shooters we're after:

Comment

Sen quite a few deer this wrekend from what we can see they are not rutting or any chasing going on. Passed this one Saturday morning had him and 4 other small bucks eating rice bran and corn for 45 min. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1445809243887.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	24411744Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1445809277858.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	24411745This is a better picture of him.

Comment

Good looking deer. Glad to see that you are seeing good bucks.

Set up about 25' up a mature pine tree over an active scrape where at least six deer and one nice buck have been frequenting over the past two weeks. Took two does this morning with the muzzle loader. They came in around 10 so I'll have meat in the freezer once I'm done processing.

It was slow going this weekend. The big boys are not out and about in our area as I can tell. The wind was my enemy on Sat and today. Swirling was wearing me out.

What was everyone else seeing this weekend?

Comment

Also, passed a TBH'r coming out of Tushka on the way home today. Classic red white and blue sticker on a red Ford. Who be ya?

Comment

Working...
                                X