No announcement yet.

Chantix anybody try it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried it one time !!!!! It made me have some crazy dreams and i was very uptight with my family . It did make me slow down smokin but when i quit takeing them it made me smoke more .

Comment

I have blue cross blue shield and they covered it

Comment

it works but you have to want a quit. I used it for a month and it made me crazy but I quit. I'll go out with friends that smoke and have one or 2 then wont smoke again for months. I did have strange dreams on it, worse that what I normally have.

Comment

2 guys that I work with tried it and both had the really effed up dreams.

One I remember was that the guy was playing soccer with a pickle.

Comment

i tried it . works great.got me down to a pack a day from 2 packs a day right away. But i couldnt deal with the morning Nausea that started about a month into it . outside of the mouth watering feeling of wanting to vomit i think its a good product. I didnt have the dream side effect but my Dr did give me a pill to help stop the Nausea. I dont remember if it stopped the Nausea feeling but i have to say it didnt cuz i stopped taking it lol

Comment

43 years of smoking and it was cold turkey for me. That was 4 years ago. If you want to bad enough you can do it. My 2 cents

Comment

I smoked two or more packs a day for thirty years. Took chantex for three months and haven't smoked in over two years and still don't want a cig. I did have a few bad dreams but I'm not sure if that was the chantex or withdrals from the cigs. Great stuff I think.

Comment

I have blue cross blue shield and they covered it
                  Thats what I have, hopefully I will have the same luck with the insurance.
                  It made me have some crazy dreams and i was very uptight with my family
                  This is what I don't want. I have some wierd dreams anyway, so that may not be too bad, just don't want to get up tight with the family. If in a couple of weeks I am on here rambling a bunch of nonsense blame the Chantex. Some serious food for thought here.
                  If you want to bad enough you can do it. My 2 cents
                  I may not want it bad enough because I don't know if I can loose this vice without a crutch.
                  Last edited by Sparkles; 01-21-2010, 12:25 PM.

Comment

I used it back in Jan 2007. I smoked for around 35 years. I wanted to quit but I still enjoyed smoking. I had very minor effects from Chantix. You are suppose to take a 12 week dose regimen and then again if needed. I took 6 weeks worth and quit for two reasons, 1) the nicotine is supposedly out of your body after 72 hrs, 2) they say habits are broke in 21 days. I didn't need it anymore. I had made 6 weeks and wasn't giving in after that amount of time. I had mentally prepared myself not to smoke anymore with the help of Chantix. I'm not sure that getting up tight with the family is because of the Chantix or because you have given up an incredibly addicting habit.

I'm not bothered around smokers at all. Three years this month since I smoked my last cig and Chantix was a big reason.

Comment

My wife used it, and quit smoking and is still smoke free. Yes it does have some side effects, but she said it was worth it. Our insurance did not cover it, but it was worth the cost of her quitting. She had tried everything out there, but nothing worked but this stuff, but like everyone has already said, you have to want to quit as well. Good luck.

Comment

We have BC/BS and it wasn't covered thru our plan. But that is the plan administrator. When a company signs up for health insurance they get to choose what they want covered and what they do not. At least that is the line I got.

Comment

I think I paid $100 month with BCBS

Comment

DH tried to stop dipping on his own using nicorette for over a year. The Dr. put him on Chantix and he did have the weird dreams, but he's been totally off a year now. I don't think he did the full 12 weeks either, I'm pretty sure he stopped earlier too.

Comment

Does DH stand for dumb husband?

Comment

My wife took it to quit smoking when we first started dating...she was supposed to be on it for 3 months but could only stand the side effects for about 3 weeks...it did help with the cravings but the physical side effects it had on her were more than she could bare...I guess it worked out for the best though b/c its been 3 years and she's cigarette free!

Comment

Working...
                                X