Buzzards in Deer Stand - Clean Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
    Federal offense to shoot buzzards, hawks, owls. Just about anything that is not a game bird.
    You might be getting a knock on the door because there is no statue of limitations......Seriously, it's a federal offense!

Comment

We had it happen to a box blind years ago. We cleaned it up but it wasn't pleasant and a lot of gaging. I personally would just build another one but if you do clean it like other say wear protection.

Comment

Originally posted by SanSaba007 View Post
        Hate to say but would burn it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with SanSaba on this one....only logical solution in my book

Comment

I had one land on top of a blind while I was in it. My first thought was I wonder how long it will take him to realize that I am here.....ten seconds later I am hitting the top of the blind to get him flying away. The smell was overwhelming.

Comment

Big bottle of charcoal lighter and a couple of matches will do the trick

Comment

Salvage the base. If wood drag off and burn. If it’s plastic drag it in to tank. Let it soak a few hours. If you have water power washer. If not put pump into tank and hook hose to it. Bad stuff.

Comment

Simple green concentrate mixed heavy when I had owls in my box.

Comment

Diesel and a match.

Comment

Sil and friend of ours on the lease both had same thing happen. Drag carpet out if it has any and anything else in there and spread 2 or 3 boxes of arm and hammer and let set for couple weeks. B good to go

Comment

Lots of bleach!!

Comment

Bleach and water.

Comment

So im surprised no one has brought this up but the best and easiest way to deal with the odor is super simple. All you need to do is get a big bag of charcoal and open it and leave it in the stand for a few days. It will suck up all that foul odor and make it manageable to clean up. This also works for freezers that go out and all the meat spoils. I learned this truck from my cousin that hunts south texas near eagle pass, had an illegal die in his stand and this got rid of the odor after the authorities got the body out. Super simple and works like a charm

Comment

Originally posted by Closer View Post
                            So im surprised no one has brought this up but the best and easiest way to deal with the odor is super simple. All you need to do is get a big bag of charcoal and open it and leave it in the stand for a few days. It will suck up all that foul odor and make it manageable to clean up. This also works for freezers that go out and all the meat spoils. I learned this truck from my cousin that hunts south texas near eagle pass, had an illegal die in his stand and this got rid of the odor after the authorities got the body out. Super simple and works like a charm
                            Sounds like a winner. Can you still use the charcoal for burgers or steak after it cleans up your blind?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                              good to know...glad it was a joke
                              Lmao

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                                Lmao

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
                                Feds don't have a sense of humor!

Comment