No announcement yet.

Good old days of TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joined about a month back. Some of you folks are freaky.............

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
      The Texas Bowhunter Journal in .txt format - The Pig Farm in Lampasas. Now those were the days. The AOL dial up in my little red brick house. I miss those days and that house.

Rook that was the Dos XX ranch and you were ONLY suppose to shoot a small hog. I barely got that one in a head lock. LOL Dang boy, that was a time ago... you were so happy when we got that stinky hog.
      You could chase down, tackle and kill a pig with the arrow that was already in it,,,, but you couldn't take a little snoring.

Comment

I remember before the green screen days. I think I joined in '99. I read more than post. Still have a homebrew trail camera. On the original velvet elvis list three times woo-hoo. Good times

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          You wouldn't even have to ask! She saved my life with that casserole, and coffee one time...
          She has saved a many of us with that defibelator type breakfast!
          Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Hogdude1234 View Post
            10,000 members is a lot!!!!! So is 40,000. I wonder how many contributing members there are that are on here daily???

Skinny
            Its good to SUPPORT and "contribute" to something that is worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
              Does anyone here know that a "Velvet Elvis" is??

That's how you know if you are Old School. I' ve been a member since 2004-2005ish, before this big "crash of 2006" LOL. This site is so great!
              If you ain't got a V E you ain't chit

Comment

Originally posted by Tallcowgrl View Post
                Oh yes ive heard the stories from Xspot and numorous other TBHrs about the Infamous Levi Baur Fundraisers every year.
                You are very welcome Keep them coming!
                Don't believe everything you hear...................lol X-Spot did more than anyone could ever imagine for that event, and never once asked for anything in return.

Have a good one.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                  Don't remember when I joined, but real glad I did. I guess best memory would be when the great members of TBH stepped up those years of the Levi Baur Fund Raiser and made such a huge event a huge success.

Mrs X-Spot, thanks for creating this thread, I have smiled and shed tear both while going through it...

Thanks
                  Rwc
                  I had some of the best times at that event over the years. Meeting the fine people of Crawford that treated me like they have known be all my life. Seeing a small twon pull togather and make a differance in someones life is what brought tears to my eyes. If they ever had another fund raiser I would be wright there!

Comment

Not sure how I missed this thread, but there were some classics over the years........I think I joined in 2002 or 2003.......Drake introduced me to the site. I was usually good for the 1st LDP of the year because I hunted 50 yards from my house and could get back to the computer before anyone else.

The Happy Hours around Austin back in the day were epic. We would have 30-50 people show up to them Who could forget Scott's birthday at Sam's Boat.......

Comment

Great thread. been around here for a while now

Comment

Originally posted by Tallcowgrl View Post
                        This may have been brought up before. But there were a few of us posting in a past thread about TBHrs that have been on this site for 10 years or more, and how it has changed and evolved to what it is now of over 40,000 folks!Wow, when I joined in 2008, there were only 10,000 members. Sure has grown fast and is a great site.
                        But lets talk about the good old days of TBH. About the comeraderie and stories when it was just a small group of guys and a few gals smack talking and having fun. Ive heard stories from the beginning crew of TBH, and found them quite humorous. Lets hear them. Just be careful...LOL

wow.... i do feel like the least cool hunter ever! ... was the point of this thread to be hatin' on the newbies?

Thats alright... i get it

totally kidding of course, although im not gonna lie - ive been hunting since i could walk and its a bit humbling being labeled as a "Nubbin Buck" ...LOL

Comment

wow i have spent a large amount of my life on here, I gotta think i'm getting in the decade area. I think it was 03-04 maybe even before, I start bow hunting in 02 and i got on tbh almost immediately.

Comment

I can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday so I won't even try to guess when I joined. I do remember a lot of the old stories. I made it to Bownanza years ago just by accident. I was reading about the different teams and a friend had just told me earlier in the day that he had a few gizzards that needed a home. I took eighty pounds of gizzards to team gizzard that weekend. That was also the first time I ever ate a gizzard. Sure did meet some great people down there.

Comment

I logged on in September of 2001, been lots of water under the bridge since then. I do recall the days of when a thread would stay on the same page all day and for whatever reason a few names still pop out in my mind, some are still around and some have moved on or since passed. I've seen TBH go through some massive changes over the years, but thankfully with a boss like Michael having a cool layed back attitude he has allowed it to bend and flex into what it is today.
                              Pretty crazy looking back how times have changed, we have aged and society differs from the beginning. Lead, Follow or get out of the way TBH Rolls on and will for years to come at the helm of Capt Mikey!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG D View Post
                                I think I joined in 2004 or 2005. Seemed more friendly then.
                                It surely was.

Comment

Working...
                                X