how tall is too tall for a blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how tall is too tall for a blind?

I hade some bull dozer work done this year and really opened up/thinned it out some. I have a couple spots I could set up a tower blind and have a huge field of view. From river bottom to open plains on our property. I am thinking 20' tall would get the view needed. Any pics, pointers on going that tall? Currently 8-10' is the tallest I have made.

14 is the highest I’ve been in an it was plenty. Don’t think I’d go, or be comfortable in much taller.

Comment

20' is getting up there... Will have to anchor that down pretty well to keep safe and sturdy... 12 is our go to height.

Comment

We have a 16' floor level, homemade. Suggest you have a good stair case and porch.

Comment

This should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
            20' is getting up there... Will have to anchor that down pretty well to keep safe and sturdy... 12 is our go to height.
            Same here......

Comment

How far are you comfortable falling?

Comment

If you have the base wide enough it shouldn’t be a problem. I use drill stem for legs for blinds and feeders. Would think it would be plenty stout to make 20’ happen pretty easily.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                  How far are you comfortable falling?
                  Whoa !!

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                    If you have the base wide enough it shouldn’t be a problem. I use drill stem for legs for blinds and feeders. Would think it would be plenty stout to make 20’ happen pretty easily.
                    I think 16' is about right.

Comment

My dad had a welding shop when I was a kid and built one that was 32' to the floor...

That was TOO HIGH!

Comment

My blind is on a 18’ tower. A 16’ would have been easier to transport on a trailer.

Comment

This is why i hunt out of ground blinds LOL

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                            I hade some bull dozer work done this year and really opened up/thinned it out some. I have a couple spots I could set up a tower blind and have a huge field of view. From river bottom to open plains on our property. I am thinking 20' tall would get the view needed. Any pics, pointers on going that tall? Currently 8-10' is the tallest I have made.
                            I've climbed that high in trees for hunting before. Gets you a good view for sure.

One thing, if the area was thinned out, are you going to maintain it so it stays thin? Otherwise a stand that high may be useless in 5 years due to plant growth.

Comment

I have one that is 16’ to the floor and that is tall enough for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X