2017 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom View Post
    Cowboys are playing the "good year-bad year" BS over the last few years.....I am no Vince Lombardi......but this is just an organizational problem.....need to figure that out first.

it is not all bad though.....the Defense is well coached and there is some talent...best running back.....solid O-line...I still think Dak is a solid QB...but he is young and is just not seeing the field clearly. he can only get better as he is a hard worker.

they have the pieces to turn the team around before next year....for Christ's sake look at the Rams!!

here is funny one.....give Jimmy J the GM job....total control....things will change overnight.

Merry Christmas......there is always next year (says the Texans fan)
    You were doing good until you through the Jimmy J thing in there, with a salary cap JJ is just like the other JJ, nada.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
      You were doing good until you through the Jimmy J thing in there, with a salary cap JJ is just like the other JJ, nada.
      perhaps you're right......but they need an old school "football guy" in charge....they are not as bad as their record...

I have nothing against Garrett, but I don't think the most popular team....the team that 100% of the fan base and most of the opponents expect to be good year in and year out should serve as a training ground for head coaches...likewise for the GM practice field up in the owners box....get serious and get back to winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        That's a horse**** blanket statement....Dez has made plenty of big plays through his career to get wins. His playmaking has just fallen off and his antics have risen. He and Romo were a pretty solid tandem. For all we know it could be a Dak issue.

I'm ready to release him though since we don't owe him any more guaranteed money.
        No, he really hasn't. The biggest catch/non catch of his entire career has been blamed on the ruling for three years. Name me 3 big Dez plays that have won games in crucial points of a season. I don't think you will find any.

No national championships, not even close to them, no playoff wins as a pro, and mid level receiving career stats with more drops than catches at key moments in games.

I stand by my statement 100%. Never done nothing, never will do nothing. Fire his weak *** and move on.

Comment

Ever notice Jason Garrett is NEVER talking on the sideline?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Santa says Texans still suck!
            and always will.

Comment

To be honest I really wish the Cowboys would win another Super Bowl. That's the only way the Cowboys will get a new head coach. Jerry always fires the winning coach!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner97 View Post
                and always will.
                you guys are the second coming of Nostradamus.....

Nostradumbass
                Last edited by Tom; 12-25-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Lol, Merry Christmas!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

2017 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Lol. ^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                      perhaps you're right......but they need an old school "football guy" in charge....they are not as bad as their record...

I have nothing against Garrett, but I don't think the most popular team....the team that 100% of the fan base and most of the opponents expect to be good year in and year out should serve as a training ground for head coaches...likewise for the GM practice field up in the owners box....get serious and get back to winning.
                      I would not have a problem if they changed coaches, change can be good, I don't see it happening and as long as they try something different i guess i can live with it. I am looking for the defense to be much improved next year, i think Jaylon Smith will be greatly improved and don't forget Randy Gregory, if he is off the pot he could be a key pass rusher, I know that is a reach but it is a possibility.

Comment

I don't think Dak is a franchise quarterback, he's average at best. His accuracy is poor, and he misses wide open reviewers way too often.
                        Dez hasn't been good, on a consistent basis, since he got his big contract. I think he's always been a sloppy route runner, which is why no quarterback has thrown to him like he's the number one receiver. Now he drops as many balls as he catches.
                        Yesterday Zeke was averaging about 5 yards per carry and had about 50 yards in the first quarter, on pace for 200 yards and he hasn't even broke one for a long run. For some reason, the coaches quit handing him the ball. Seattle had given up tons of yards on the ground the last 2 games, yet the coaches decided to pass instead of run the ball.
                        Then the Cowboys had the ball on the 2-3 yards line and never gave Zeke the ball, not even once. Dak took a huge sack and Bailey missed what is normally and easy field goal for him. I hope Bailey's hamstring is still bothering him and he can recover to be the Dan Bailey he was, Mr. Automatic.
                        Garrett made some poor decisions in this game, even worse than he normally does.
                        I'd be good is they fired Garrett, cut Dez and had an open quarterback competition. What little I've seen of Cooper Rush, he has looked pretty darn good. Give him a shot, don't just hand the job to Dak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                          No, he really hasn't. The biggest catch/non catch of his entire career has been blamed on the ruling for three years. Name me 3 big Dez plays that have won games in crucial points of a season. I don't think you will find any.

No national championships, not even close to them, no playoff wins as a pro, and mid level receiving career stats with more drops than catches at key moments in games.

I stand by my statement 100%. Never done nothing, never will do nothing. Fire his weak *** and move on.

You standing by your statement is a big batch of nothing [emoji1303]

Comment

Texans clowns over here commenting trying to avoid their own thread!

Houston is bottom of the barrel. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              You standing by your statement is a big batch of nothing [emoji1303]
                              As is yours until you can prove otherwise.

Merry Christmas know it all

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                                As is yours until you can prove otherwise.

Merry Christmas know it all

Dez was pretty dominate 2012, '13, and '14 and made plays that not a lot of recievers even have the ability to make. Then injuries and attitude set in and it's been downhill the last 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X