Chaparral Archery Dec 5 - 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowhunter87
    I hope they’ll be still looking for the late does in heat. You tent camping or rv camping. We’ll be tent camping. I hunted chap about 10 yrs ago. Had a great hunt but no big buck. I feel good about our chances this year.
    Good luck to you. Maybe we can meet up to chat.

Jeff.

Comment

Originally posted by aggee1992 View Post
      Bowhunter87
      I hope they’ll be still looking for the late does in heat. You tent camping or rv camping. We’ll be tent camping. I hunted chap about 10 yrs ago. Had a great hunt but no big buck. I feel good about our chances this year.
      Good luck to you. Maybe we can meet up to chat.

Jeff.
      We are tent camping, ive been there with my son on a couple of youth hunts, looking forward to hunting it myself. Good luck to y’all.

Les

Comment

Originally posted by aggee1992 View Post
        Great help and report. Will be there in January for archery hunt. What Compartment were u in and do you have any tips? I’m taking tripod, pop up and a seat that attaches to the base of a tree. I’ll hunt my butt off. No breaks first one at the gate last one to leave. I am determined. I am bringing corn, chaff hay and protein. Hope I can get some luck to call me my way.

Thanks for the great write up.
        I don't know if the deer at Chap like chaff hay...but I am sure the cows do

good luck down there.

Comment

A buddy of mine brought alfalpha. He saw lots of cows! [emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess if you have cows in your pasture, you could always take some hay/alfalfa and put it in part of the pasture you are NOT gonna hunt.

Comment

I have never been to the Chaparral. I used google earth to start looking. My question are these the two campgrounds they speak of. The RV and tent camping areas?

Hope to meet some of you all down there. I am there Dec 11-14

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep,the one with all the diagonal paving is the rv campground

Comment

Working...
                X