1997 EZGO TXT rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1997 EZGO TXT rebuild

I bought this project from Joey aka Iehooligan11b (nice meeting you brother!) and can't wait to tear her down and build her back up. Here are some of the before pics:

Batteries are shot so I'll need some replacements. I've heard lots of good things about Trojan and for what I plan to use this for, I don't want to go cheap on batteries and get stranded.

Battery tray has some surface rust but is solid. I plan on treating it with a rust inhibitor and then painting it.

And she is stripped down from last night's work. A quick power wash is in store for tonight.

Comment

Gonna follow this.

Comment

I wanna see! I wanna see!

Comment

Yeah good for you, that was a good deal on that cart....Anxious to see what you do with it

Comment

That was a hell of a deal you got. I almost bought it more than once. I'll be following.

Comment

good luck! into to watch

Comment

Jealous! I was this close to offering to buy it lol. What brand are those tires...I like em!

Comment

Following!

Comment

That is a mighty fine lookin cart. Ha.nice meetin you too, Sir.
                    And Chive On!

Comment

Got the body sanded down and painted. I had plans for a glossier finish but there were some deeper scratches that I wasn't convinced would look good so I went with black bed liner paint to give it some texture.

Comment

That looks good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                          That was a hell of a deal you got. I almost bought it more than once. I'll be following.
                          I liked this one but couldn't quite go that high for a project cart. It is a good one to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            I liked this one but couldn't quite go that high for a project cart. It is a good one to work with.

It's just money! We can make some more tomorrow.

Comment

I have some accessories (LED light bar, stereo, maybe some running lights) to run on this and I was thinking about just adding a separate battery to run them but it seems like the way to go is a 36v-12v reducer and just run it off of the battery pack. I'm thinking 20amp minimum though. Has anyone used these before?
                              I need to place a call to Scotty at cartsunlimited.net to talk it through to make sure I understand it correctly.

Comment

Working...
                              X