No announcement yet.

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so our trip was a success. did not really have any buck pics to share but it looks like the hogs are in full force this year. also only had a few bear pics (thank god). we baited the bear hole for our buddy and put a camera up. Got the camper fixed and cleaned up camp some. got to spend a few hours at the screamin eagle on Saturday nioght. that was a blast as usual. the new owners seem to be pretty good people. we are 10.8 miles from it according to the odometer on the ranger. it only takes about 20 min to ge there in one of them as opposed to an hour by truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
      Got in a couple of plots last weekend. This is the smallest of the two, planted Austrian Winter peas, Crimson and White clover, and mixed in some chicory, Wheat, and oats for fill. Of course pics wont upload, can someone help me out?

Here are CH's pics.

Sorry it took so long Chris.

Comment

Looking good guys!

We have been busy at our place. Hung 6 new sets, and planted all our food plots. I was dumb and forgot to take pictures. The plots we have irrigation on are already 6-8" high and the deer are woofing wm down.

Been getting lots of shooters in daylight but I have one deer on my mind.

Here's some hard horn of Megatron. Hit lister #1

He is consistently hanging out in our largest destination food plot. I have multiple stands hung for any wind. Gonna get after him opening weekend for 5 days straight. We will have a full camp with 4 hunters so I will be shocked if a big one doesn't hit the dirt.

Comment

You are getting demerits for not remembering pics Q. You are better than that. Come on.

I think you are wise putting big boy #1 on your list. Gorgeous buck and world class shooter no matter where a man hunts.

Just remember the lessons of the past. I have no doubt that a dirt nap is in his near future.

I'll be waiting till mid October to break the seal on my season so I'll be cheering from the sideline.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
            Here are CH's pics.

Sorry it took so long Chris.

That is one heck of a plot. Sure wish we had that much soul on our place.

Comment

Plots

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
              That is one heck of a plot. Sure wish we had that much soul on our place.
              Thanks Booner! That's the smaller of the two, we are going to plant one about 5 to 10 acres next to the lake next spring. We have the tools, hope to Irrigate as well.

Comment

Q that is a bruiser for sure. Good luck with your quest to get him.

Comment

Well we had a little bit of an emergency today. I sent some guys up to finish planting our big destination food plot and they let me know army worms had demolished about 15 acres. I headed straight up with chemicals to spray and get them killed. We have never had this problem in the past . My best guess is they found it this year due to the irrigation. It doesn't take them long. They wiped out 15 acres in 2 nights. We went ahead and replanted what they ate. I also was able to snap a few pics of our giant plot. Heading back up Tommorrow to finish spraying and fertilize what we planted today.

Here they are.

Here is one of the stands on edge. It's set in the giant pine in a persimmons grove. This is that stand i project megatron will be killed out of.

Comment

Well the first 3 pics are so that the size of the beast in the last 2 pics can be measured more easily. The top of the spout for the feeder is mid thigh on me.

The food plot at this camera is gone due to the pigs. Luckily I over estimated the damage the turkey did on my second plot and on Wednesday I had a decent stand of clover coming up that wasn't up Sunday, thanks to the rain. Amazing what 3 days can do.

Comment

that boar is a beast

Comment

Anyone going up to hunt for opening day/weekend? If so any special tatics for the full moon?

Comment

Originally posted by Guns_up View Post
                          When does the rut normality start in Push?
                          Last year, I spent the week of November 9th hunting and didn't see a single mature buck but had a ton of nighttime photos of bucks I had never seen. There was a full moon during that week.

The following week, while I was at work........I had pics of 4 different shooters during daylight hours during the "new moon."

I planned my vacation this year around the week of November 7th which according to the Farmer;s almanac will be a "new moon."

This is only my second year up there but at least its a little intel.

Any comments from you seasoned folks would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                            Anyone going up to hunt for opening day/weekend? If so any special tatics for the full moon?
                            I'll be there opening weekend then its weather the Rangers are in the playoffs or not. It doesn't matter what the moon is doing.

Comment

Roger that, I dont blame you. I was responding to an earlier question I had read about the rut.

I have my sights on a Denton County buck for the next few weeks then I'll spend most of my time up there as well. Right now my only pics up there are does, hogs, and a bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Guns_up View Post
                                I'll be there opening weekend then its weather the Rangers are in the playoffs or not. It doesn't matter what the moon is doing.
                                I'll be there also moon doesn't affect me much, just curious whi will be hunting more mid day than early morning or late afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X