Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixed Broadhead Opinions (Another Broadhead Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another magnus stinger vote here I prefer the 4 blade 125gr.

Comment

Another Exodus vote

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
        Well, can’t be too loud if they work that good for you. What species?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        ?? What species of pigs?? Swinus Maximus??

Comment

I have shot a lot of fixed heads ( owned a shop for 12 years) at distances over 100 yards... nothing flies better than a magnus stinger, there are some that are right there with it,,,, like the ram cat, and striker

those I have shot at 75 yards and farther with good accuracy results, magnus black hornet, wasp boss, slick trick standard, wasp drone, striker, ram cat, montec.... probably a couple more I can not recall right now...

if I was not such a 4 blade fanatic I would pick the striker,,,

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
            I have shot a lot of fixed heads ( owned a shop for 12 years) at distances over 100 yards... nothing flies better than a magnus stinger, there are some that are right there with it,,,, like the ram cat, and striker

those I have shot at 75 yards and farther with good accuracy results, magnus black hornet, wasp boss, slick trick standard, wasp drone, striker, ram cat, montec.... probably a couple more I can not recall right now...

if I was not such a 4 blade fanatic I would pick the striker,,,
            Yeah, I would prefer a 4-blade myself!

Comment

Ramcats as well

Comment

Ramcats would get my vote, but out of those 4, the slick trick

Comment

I see lots of love for the ram cats on most broadhead discussions but I'm hesitant to try them due to the reports of the blades breaking off inside animals. Has this happened to any of the guys recommending the ram cats?

Comment

If you can't get a Slick Trick to fly, your bow has some serious tuning issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow Slinger View Post
                      I see lots of love for the ram cats on most broadhead discussions but I'm hesitant to try them due to the reports of the blades breaking off inside animals. Has this happened to any of the guys recommending the ram cats?
                      Nope and I have been using them for a long time. Had blades break off in animals on almost every head I have used starting with the Thunderheads and Wasp, many, many years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow Slinger View Post
                        I had one blade break after going in. It stuck in the opposite shoulder of a large hog for a week until I killed him the next weekend.

I have lost two blades in an animal because the screw was loose. That is the only downfall to those broad heads that I have found. It is rare, but sometimes you will have a screw loose straight out of the package. Now I always tighten them all before I put them on an arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                          If you can't get a Slick Trick to fly, your bow has some serious tuning issues.

I seldom ever post in the " broad head debate " but I agree I did nothing more than sight the bow in so to speak with field points then grabbed the ST magnum 100 grn and done deal hits same spot .

I have used the same broad heads on my junk arrows that have all kinds of different weights most times the POI is still very close ..= Pig arrows HA HA

I shoot these broads for that very reason super forgiving they work fine . I do my part they do theirs

Comment

Slick tricks have been good to me but there are so many heads out there I’ve also killed a few good pigs with rages. Just find what your bow shoots well and shoot them.

Comment

GF goes through mule deer and pigs with slicks viper trick.
                              I shoot qad and I love um

Comment

I shoot the exodus heads. They are sharp, fly well and are very tough.

Comment

Working...
                                X