Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow is on it's way to Daniel....good luck with her!!!

Comment

I got the bow in today! i am excited about my time with her and it couldn't have came at a better time. I start my 2 solid week break tomorrow at 12. I am going to do my best to find me a hot acorn tree tomorrow evening and try to break her in properly on my break! I am excited about this!

Do we know exactly how much time I have with her?

Comment

Originally posted by Danielb89 View Post

Do we know exactly how much time I have with her?

You have her for 4 weekends, and need to get her sent to the next person on the list before the 5th weekend after you got her.

Good luck, and can’t wait to see your bio!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome! I haven’t found a thread that was boring yet! But this one has to be in my top!

Comment

The Travels Of The Bow Sacagawea

Just wanted to bring the current list back up so it will be easier for folks to find!

1) Bluegoose
            2) Pigthumper
            3) CRM 95
            4) TP3
            5) SwampGhost
            6) Featherflinger
            7) yleecoyote23
            8) Danielb89
            9) Hunter Todd
            10) txpitdog
            11) Graysonhogs
            12) RS3
            13) TX CHICKEN
            14) Randy Madden
            15) PineyWoodsBow
            16) Tx Mark
            17) DCT
            18) DRT
            19)bowtechmike
            20) spidermonkey
            21) Stone Cold Bobby[/B]

Please remember to comment on the Sacajawea sticky thread and tell us a little about yourself and your time with Sacajawea.

Thanks!

Bisch

Comment

Well,
              my time with Sac has come to an end. I commented earlier on about getting her in "perfect timing" with it being the start of our 2 week Christmas break, but little did I know, the flu would visit me for a total of 5 days and then hit my wife for the same. 10 days of my 14 were gone just like that, so I didn't get to take her out too many times.

My trad journey began as a little boy. I can remember my uncle would buy bingham kits and make laminated bows for anyone who wanted one. He wouldn't ever charge for the actual work, just the materials. So a lot of my younger days were spent walking around the yard shooting arrows at anything that drew my attention. All of that stopped around the age of 10 when he moved and it left me bow-less. In August of 2012, i got married to my beautiful wife and for christmas, I wanted a bingham kit for myself. My uncle and I built the bow. It came out to a 67" 3 piece R/d longbow that went on to give me a few different traditional kills; a few squirrels and eventually a hog(August of 2014). In June of 2015, I purchased a black widow recurve that was 60" long. The longbow I built was nice but, at 67", I had quite a challenge maneuvering it around my climbing stand(I had never hunted a lock on before this time), which is what lead me to searching for a shorter bow. I managed to kill my first whitetail with this bow in November of 15'. I have sense killed 3 white tails and around 15 or so hogs. I will add the photos in when I figure out how to get it off of photobucket.

Comment

Photobucket sucks. You're better off just using Tapatalk. I had to try three times to get my photos back loaded from them. Once I did I closed it down.

Sorry the flu got you. It will definitely take the wind out of your sails. Good health the rest of the year and God bless what y'all door for our children.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope you and your wife are feeling better! Great write up!!

Comment

Nice write up.
                    Familiar story, except I am the uncle.

Get to feeling better bud.

Comment

She made it!

I picked her up at the post office at 8:30 Saturday morning and shot a TBOT shoot with her around 10:00 am. Yeah, she shoots that good. It didn't take long to find out she liked the woods that Jeffro made for my recurve. She is a beautiful bow and hopefully I can kill a pig or two before I have to send her on down the line.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sac 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	24527263

About me: Well, I've been a Probation Office since May 1991. I'm married to a lady who understands my hunting and fishing addiction and accepts it. My children grew up like I did, hunting and fishing at a very early age. My dad bought me my first bow when I was around 7 years old. It was a Bear recurve (right hand model). Yes, I shot a right handed bow left handed. I had a hand full of arrows and would walk around in the woods shooting at anything in front of me (lost a lot of arrows) I got lucky one day when one of my dad's employees found an entire box of cedar arrows on the side of the road. There must have been 100 cedar arrows in that big box. A lifetime supply!! Actually within two weeks I was back to NO arrows. I eventually lost interest in shooting the bow until 1989 when I bought my first compound bow. I fell in love with archery at that very moment. I couldn't even imagine shooting any other type of bow. Then, about six years ago a co-worker (TxMark) came to my shop to borrow my arrow saw to "tune some arrows". I watched him during this tuning process and thought "He's actually pretty good with that thing" I had become pretty bored with hunting with my compound and watching him got me to thinking. Man, it would be awesome to hunt with one of those trad bows. The next week I bought a LEFT HANDED Ben Pearson recurve and I shot that thing every evening. I was addicted to shooting this little bow. Prior to deer season that year I bought another recurve (Chekmate) and killed a doe with it. I've been hooked since that evening. I now own 6 bows and am always in the market for another. Hunting with traditional gear is so much more exciting to me. Its like being a kid again where EVERY animal is a hard earned trophy. Traditional archery has introduced me to some very good friends that I would have otherwise never met.
                      I'll be posting Hunting pics with Sacagawea in the coming weeks.

Comment

Good write-up Todd.

Comment

Great write up and how great is it to be able to pick up a new to you bow and shoot that well. Looking forward to some dead pigs.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Great write up HUNTER TODD!! looks like you two are getting along just fine. Good luck on your hunts with her and cannot wait for some pics.

Comment

Have fun with her, Todd!!

Bisch

Comment

I just found out that Sac placed 3rd in Longbow Wood Class at last weekend's TBOT shoot in Paris. Lord knows how good she could have placed if the guy behind the bow knew what he was doing......

Click image for larger version

Name:	sac 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	24527425

Comment

Working...
                                X