Free dermestid beetle cleaning: Central Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free dermestid beetle cleaning: Central Texas

Awhile back, another TBHer (for the life of me I cannot remember who) gave me this beetle box. I have established a healthy colony of dermestid beetles used for cleaning skulls. I’m keeping them alive with an occasional hog or coyote skull, and some hot dogs. I would like to make the bugs available to anyone who wishes to use them free of charge. My only request is that you skin and flesh the skull before dropping it off. Less meat = less stankiness = happy wife.

Send PM for location, but I’m in Williamson County.

I might bring one up and drop it off on my way to the lease. Can you pm directions or info

Comment

Wish you were closer, I have a couple of mink skulls in the freezer.

Comment

Wish you were still in SA. I have a freezer full of skulls. Great gesture!

Comment

Sweet offer

Comment

Awesome offer amigo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man wish you were closer cause I have a mt lion skull I need done. Great gesture

Comment

I have a deer skull but it still has the hide on it, does it need to be removed first?

Comment

Originally posted by low_tec View Post
                  I have a deer skull but it still has the hide on it, does it need to be removed first?
                  Yes please. It will stink way less and the beetles will be able to clean it much quicker. Just get you a real sharp knife (or even a cheap box cutter), and you can skin it in no time.

Comment

Working...
                  X