• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dang, hate when that happens

Comment

Rain?

Comment

No rain during that time span. The leaves were all tracked up too. It was very heartbreaking. Haha. But maybe I'll live.

Comment

Hmm...

Comment

I think I am going to purchase some Buck Candy & it can be my next experiment in pictures. Except this time, I will be using my brand new 8mp TC

Comment

flies were all over mine last time I used it, to no avail

Comment

I hate when a trail cam does that.

Its happpened to me a few times. All of the corn gone within two pics but no pics on what ate the corn. Frustrating and funny at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by Kody The Great View Post
                  Subscribed.
                  Me too.

Comment

i use block topper alot it works for me the deer will eat a wholr mineral bock within a month

Comment

This experiment pretty much went bust due to camera battery issues. Turns out the batteries in the camera were getting low. Took almost 10 months of very heavy usuage (everyweek taking pictures) to get the energizer lithium AAs to give up. Impressive. Although I don't know what tore it up- some kind of animal went to town on the topper. It was gone within the first 4 days, all that was left was the salt block. The salt block took a real beating during the last 3 weeks (of pretty much continual rain here).

Comment

the topping usually dissipates and only leaves a scent. I find that if you put the topper on a mineral rock instead of a salt block it works better

Comment

Disappointing to not have 1 pic for sure...better luck on the next set.

Comment

camera looks too high IMO

Comment

I did a snake oil experiment last yr. here on my farm. Bought one each of every mineral or salt block Cabelas offered. Placed them side by side next to a protein feeder and corn feeder I run yr. round. Deer hammered corn of course and normal protein consumption. All the blocks slowly melted away with hardly any deer usage.

I believe all the blocks , potions , big deer on bag stuff is for the most part snake oil. Marketing but of no real value. That doesnt mean I wont try something else this yr. though

Bottom line is nothing beats the basics: foodplots, protein supplements, and smart herd and habitat mgt.

Comment

We have a few pictures of bucks and does hitting salt blocks. Only the rocks though not sure they like the others

Comment

Working...
                                X