CDL Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CDL Questions

I am about to start trying to get my cdl. Does anyone have any suggestions or any knowledge that could help me out with the test and the driving test?

Thanks

Class A or B?

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
      Class A or B?
      class a standard

Comment

You have to get your medical certification before you apply. Once you have your card and identification docs, you can apply for the license and start taking tests. The book won't tell you to study the chapter, but make sure that you read and memorize all the stuff in the final chapter. Ch 14 I believe. It will ask you specifically, "What size/type fire extinguisher required on a passenger vehicle?" 1 qt chemical extinguisher. "Maximum width of vehicle?" Stuff like that.

Be overly specific, even if you think you sound silly, while doing the pre-trip inspection for your road test. For example, "I'm looking at the lugs nuts for any rust that would suggest that one is loose."

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
          You have to get your medical certification before you apply. Once you have your card and identification docs, you can apply for the license and start taking tests. The book won't tell you to study the chapter, but make sure that you read and memorize all the stuff in the final chapter. Ch 14 I believe. It will ask you specifically, "What size/type fire extinguisher required on a passenger vehicle?" 1 qt chemical extinguisher. "Maximum width of vehicle?" Stuff like that.

Be overly specific, even if you think you sound silly, while doing the pre-trip inspection for your road test. For example, "I'm looking at the lugs nuts for any rust that would suggest that one is loose."

Good luck
          thank you sir feel like I'm going to need it

Comment

CDL Questions

I’ve helped our guys get all their CDLs. This is exactly what DPS will have doing their checks. Make sure to cover everything that applies. This is from Class B. I’m only assuming pretrip and road test will be very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

#1 - You have 90 days from the day you apply to get finished or you'll have to start over again from scratch. Don't ask me how I know...

#2 -
              Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
              Remember, you're playing a part. Example when you're driving "I'm checking my outside mirrors every few seconds" and make head movements that the examiner can see. Now I'm checking my air pressure to make sure my brakes are in safe operating condition".

Its not how you drive in the real world, but its what you do to pass the test.

#3 - Now the CDL tests are done at a TxDOT office by personnel who are hired just to give CDL road tests. They are much tougher than the DPS drivers license personnel used to be.

Comment

There are only about 5 places in the state to take the actual driving test. I know abilene, Austin, Waco, San Angelo.... I'm sure there are a few more. I just know your local office doesn't do them anymore. Been told to stay away from Angelo, too hard to pass.

Comment

Make sure you know alot about semi stuff, 5th wheel items air brakes and stuff. Read every paragraph in the book. I didnt need the med card until the road test, and during the road teat look both ways when going thru a green light i got dinged for that

Comment

So do you need your med card before you take the written test

Comment

Originally posted by waffles View Post
                      So do you need your med card before you take the written test
                      I did mine 2 years ago and didnt need it till the road test in waco.

Comment

Study your air brakes

Comment

Awesome info guys i really appreciate!

Comment

There's way more than 5 places to take the road test. I took mine in whichta falls. Guys take em in canton guys take em in san Angelo, etc. It depends on what endorsements you want to have as to what to study. I have air brakes, combination, doubles and triples, pre trip, general knowledge, etc. There's a website that has **** bear identical to the states exams. I wana say it's crst trucking or something to that extent. They have all the practice exams online and they're free. The state's tests are almost word for word the same. The tests are broke up into sections, so only study one section at a time, and go take that exam at your DMV. I did like 3 tests one day and 2 the next. You will need your med card also. Study your pre trip good. That's what most guys on the road test are failing at my work. And have to go try again. Its easy just study, take your time, and if u fail a section, just go retake it the next day

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                              There's way more than 5 places to take the road test. I took mine in whichta falls. Guys take em in canton guys take em in san Angelo, etc. It depends on what endorsements you want to have as to what to study. I have air brakes, combination, doubles and triples, pre trip, general knowledge, etc. There's a website that has **** bear identical to the states exams. I wana say it's crst trucking or something to that extent. They have all the practice exams online and they're free. The state's tests are almost word for word the same. The tests are broke up into sections, so only study one section at a time, and go take that exam at your DMV. I did like 3 tests one day and 2 the next. You will need your med card also. Study your pre trip good. That's what most guys on the road test are failing at my work. And have to go try again. Its easy just study, take your time, and if u fail a section, just go retake it the next day

This, and yes you are correct. It’s the exact same as your actual exam

Put yourself in the drivers seat! Passing the CDL BMV exams made easy. With over 30 years experience in the CDL field we have more questions that appear on the CDL written exams than any other site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X