• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dig it.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

This I just what I need at my lease. I'm the only one that lives more than an hour away and tent camp a lot. I like the lay out and one of the posts to add gutters for water collection. Water would make it Easter to setup a shower when it's so hot.

Comment

Comment

Nice build!

Plans for a roof next?

A little rigid foam insulation board glued to walls with liquid nails will really help to keep a small space like that nice and toasty during those cold spells.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelShot View Post
              Nice build!

Plans for a roof next?

A little rigid foam insulation board glued to walls with liquid nails will really help to keep a small space like that nice and toasty during those cold spells.
              See post #8... I already put on a roof.

I go back and forth on the insulation because it can get cold out there. In all honesty, I don't like the idea because it is out in the elements where there are critters, etc. I do not want to provide a habitat for them to build a nest, etc. It would be impossible/impractical to totally seal this thing up, like you would a house.

In fact, we have a shed that holds a bunch of stuff and the critters find a place to make nests, etc. My beleif that I am holding to right now is to keep it as minimal as possible so that it will be easy for me to keep it cleaned of other uninvited guests.

Comment

Nice set up!

Comment

really nice...enjoy that lease!

Comment

Could you do foam board on the inside? Cheap, easy, and no place for critters. Won't be as good as normal insulation but better than nothing maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                      Could you do foam board on the inside? Cheap, easy, and no place for critters. Won't be as good as normal insulation but better than nothing maybe
                      It did get pretty cold in there in December when the temps dropped below freezing. At the time, the slotted floor, plus the open soffets and having only a tarped roof provided too much venting. The metal roof won't be much better, but I do plan on using those foam mats on the floor during the cooler months and making bean sacks to plug up the soffits.

During the summertime, all the ventilation is a nice to have... so I want it to be adaptable since I won't put an AC unit in there.

I might very well put some foam board in there, but I'd be worried more about the loss of heat through the roof more than around the walls.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                        We used foam board insulation on our 12x32 building we built for a duck camp and it insulates it pretty dang good. On a 100 degree day the inside of the camp with a 10,000 btu window unit hovers around 74-77 and when it's cold and you run a space heater you will have to open a window it gets so warm.

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Originally posted by patriotstang View Post
                            I like it, I just need to find a lease to build me one on.

Comment

very cool! simple and gets the job done.

Comment

I'll need to take some more pics during opening weekend. I didn't get a chance to stay in it during the offseason because I didn't make many trips. But have stayed in it twice for trips the get the lease set back up. The weekend it was hot, it was great having the breezeway through the cabin. I setup a fan in the doorway and just kept the air circulating through.

I put down some old foam play mat material from when my kiddos were younger (the ones with the puzzle peice ends) It really tightens up the cabin and makes it comfortable to walk around barefoot.

This past weekend was the true test for rain. It stayed nice and dry throughout the rain storms. The roof noise was not as bad as I thought it might be.

Speaking of rain, my next project will be to extend the roof out another 3 feet and build a sort of 3/4 wide porch. Enough area for me to be able to open the door and take my boots off, etc out of the rain, but not inside.

Comment

Working...
                                X