Clear All

which one? just curious...

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
      which one? just curious...
      looks like a 4.5-14x50 to me

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post

So other than my rings are too high(med), I’m happier than a puppy with two peters! It’s wearing the AAC can just until my TBAC in FDE stamp arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Looks nice. Can’t wait to hopefully get that phone call soon. I figure I will get one prior to them starting the build as we weren’t sure what twist rate we wanted to go with. They were testing out how the 1:7.5 would work now that companies are making heavier bullets for the 6.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          Got an update on my Kryptek Mountain Rifle....waiting on the barrel. Curtis action and stock is waiting around getting lonely.

Bobby, that is one sweet looking smoke.pole and dang near the exact look I want on my next one. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
            looks like a 4.5-14x50 to me

Yes it is

Comment

I started a picture thread, so we don’t muddy up this one. I know everyone in anxious to hear updates and other news from robert. Didn’t want anyone to have to wade through more pages to find info. http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=694889

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                Bobby, that is one sweet looking smoke.pole and dang near the exact look I want on my next one. [emoji106]
                Thanks. I also added a muzzle brake for the heck of it. I'm clueless on optips so I need to get busy researching

Comment

Picked up some Hornady black 140gn, Hornady match 140gn, and Hornady precision hunter 143 eld-x. I’m still trying to find some 129’s to see how it likes them and deciding on what bullets and powders to try.

I’m thinking I’ll try 135 and 140 bergers, 140 accubonds, and 143 eldx, and some 129-130 bullets if it likes the lighter weights. I do have a box of the Sierra match 150’s to try and am trying to find some h4350, but want to try RL16 and RL26 to see if I can pick up the speed I lost going to a 22” barrel.

Anybody have any other suggestions on bullets or powders to try?

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                    When they say “Hidden Thread protector”, they mean HIDDEN! I’ll get some pics of it tomorrow, we were at a buddies house for dinner tonight.

You ain't kidding. I took mine out of the box and thought I was gonna have to send it back. Thought they'd forgot the threading

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      You ain't kidding. I took mine out of the box and thought I was gonna have to send it back. Thought they'd forgot the threading

I did the same thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        better grease them threads boys, if it gets tough to loosen there is nothing to grip!

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

Sure are trickling out slow.

Quality takes time is what I keep telling myself.

Comment

The email I got 2 weeks ago said mine would be ready last week, but I haven’t gotten the call yet. I’m not too stressed about it though.

Comment

Gentlemen,

Here is the latest update, and I wish it was better news. We have still not received all of the long action mag bolt faces that were scheduled to arrive at the time of my last update. We received a grand total of 7 of them. I am being assured that we will have the balance delivered on Friday and that will include the short mags as well. Still cannot get a firm date on the long action standard bolt face versions. There were only a few orders for them in total, so we will call those customers individually the second we know something. We are also overdue on a shipment of standard short actions. We had a bunch on hand already, and those were the last stocks scheduled to be received, so it has not impacted the schedule as of yet.

The better news - There are quite a few short actions working through production at this time. It looks like we were shorted a few S/A stocks from Grayboe on the big order. Did not realize it as they were sending them in batches along with our regular orders, so some that we thought were for the TBH builds were not. They are getting the replacements to us ASAP so it should have minimal,if any impact on delivery times.

On another note, we have been experiencing some issues (especially light strikes) with the Curtis/Timney trigger combo. It is being caused by a combination of very tight clearances between the bolt shroud and cocking piece, and the aggressive spring rate of Timney's sear return spring keeping constant pressure on it during the firing sequence. Basically a series of friction points that are robbing momentum. Only a very small portion of the actions seem to have this issue, and it may not show up immediately. Sometimes just swapping in another Timney will solve it. However, this does not seem to be an issue at all with any other trigger design. Knowing that, we will be installing Trigger Tech triggers on those that are still in production to keep this from becoming an issue down the road. If any of you guys that already have yours start experiencing light strikes, or anything else that seems less than perfect ignition performance, let us know and we will get it taken care of ASAP.

If you have any questions, feel free to call the shop. Thanks for your patience.
                                Robert
                                Alamo Precision Rifles

Comment

Working...
                                X