home cameras without internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

home cameras without internet

Can you have home cameras with internal SD cards, a wifi router, andwithout having internet. will the camera recognize the wifi router or does it have to have internet to send off a wifi signal.

To review the pics on my phone, if Im in the room with the wifi router, could I use the camera ap to watch what is on the camera SD card or does it take internet to be able to do this?

If its hard to follow, i understand.

I believe you would have to have a camera that can utilize cellular signals. The WIFI needs internet to do anything.

Comment

I’m not sure what you are asking. But look at the simple safe camera and home security. It’s all self contained no WiFi or Internet required.

Comment

How about an explanation of your situation and what you are trying to achieve?

Comment

I’m in I love cameras

Comment

I’m guessing he wants some home security cameras and does not have internet/WiFi at his home.

Comment

Following this....

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                I’m guessing he wants some home security cameras and does not have internet/WiFi at his home.

Correct
                Have plugs but no wiring

Comment

You should be able to use a WIFI router to connect cameras to receiver without internet

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                    You should be able to use a WIFI router to connect cameras to receiver without internet

I’ll try it out

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                      I don’t think this going to work. Most web enabled camera systems are going to have a web portal or app that they are linked to in order to view content. I don’t know of any that have local or on board storage

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                        Can you have home cameras with internal SD cards, a wifi router, andwithout having internet. will the camera recognize the wifi router or does it have to have internet to send off a wifi signal.

To review the pics on my phone, if Im in the room with the wifi router, could I use the camera ap to watch what is on the camera SD card or does it take internet to be able to do this?

If its hard to follow, i understand.
                        The answer to all of your questions is yes. Make sure your camera accepts SD cards as storage. As long as you are on the same WiFi network, your camera app will connect just fine. An internet gateway is only required if you want to view the camera away from your home.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          I don’t think this going to work. Most web enabled camera systems are going to have a web portal or app that they are linked to in order to view content. I don’t know of any that have local or on board storage
                          That's how IP cameras originated! Wasn't until nest, Arlo, ring that users were made to believe that cloud storage is required for a security camera! Most IP cameras accept SD cards for storage. Some do not so you should make sure to verify if that's the storage route to take.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
                            The answer to all of your questions is yes. Make sure your camera accepts SD cards as storage. As long as you are on the same WiFi network, your camera app will connect just fine. An internet gateway is only required if you want to view the camera away from your home.
                            Cheap "Yi!" home cameras will record video to micro sd cards and you can view the videos at home on your "wifi without internet"

Also several other cameras probably have the same capability.

Have you considered a NVR/DVR package from costco?

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                              Cheap "Yi!" home cameras will record video to micro sd cards and you can view the videos at home on your "wifi without internet"

Also several other cameras probably have the same capability.

Have you considered a NVR/DVR package from costco?

I have those for my office and they work well

Comment

Working...
                              X