2012 Trad Harvest Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tstrick1993 View Post
    Im new on here. Been shooting trad for 2 years. I recently shot a nice eater sized hog and rabbit, but not sure how to post the pics!
    I sent you a PM!

Bisch

Comment

Congrats folks !!!!!!

I hope this year allows me to get on the board some.

Rick

Comment

Congrats to everyone!!!

Comment

Congrats Bisch, mequite, and Todd!!!

Comment

Hey bisch thanks for the offer but before I seen you sent me a pm my buddy at school showed me how to do it. Although I haven't done it yet I will soon thanks again. Congrats to the trads

Comment

There is my lil' rabbit
              Attached Files

Comment

Started the New Year off....

..with a double, Saturday after noon near the edge of the riding field. The hogs had torn this place up. Big time !!!
                It looked like a run-away rototiller got loose and was reeking havoc.. We have seen a few hogs, both large and the smaller hogs rooting along the weed line near the edge.
                The wind was perfect and the rain during the night made the approach along the field silent. Sure glad the smaller hogs paid us no attention, they would see us, we'd stop, they would start back eating and rooting totally unaware of the danger lurking just a mere 35 yds away.

My heart sank when finally I rose slowly to see where they were and saw NOTHING !! Oh man, did they see us? wind us? or just use that great 6th sense that danger was close? Slowly by slowly closing the distance with pain staking knee crawling slowness, I had reached the edge of the clearing exactly where I wanted to be.
                The tall weeds were in large clumps so it made a perfect natural blind, only problem was..... I couldn't shoot through it and around the side would put me in full view. Crawling on hands and knees on the wet ground I made it to the front of the weeds and decided to use them as my background instead of a blind. All I have to do now is wait..........thankfully it was a short wait I could see and smell the hogs moving the weeds, I had already did the ansy knee movements getting the knees to dig in for the shot(you know what I mean that.... fidgety movement)

The #82 sow just walked 3 steps into the clearing and turned to root on a clump of weed that held the worms they were seeking, guess I went into auto kill mode, I do however remember thinking theres a good angle, and I see my spot, as fast being shot with a rifle the hog just dropped WHOA !!! THAT'S GREAT!
                She did the back leg quiver and rolled slightly on her side !! Daaagone this bow packs a wallop, or I just put the arrow in the lucky spot and dropped it like a wet sack of Potatoes.

Don't know, don't care.... Ham Slam #1 Done !

I was still shaking when a larger hog walked out, I mean BIG !! and Tan and hairy..... but he didn't like what he saw or smelled and back inside the weeds he went.......Oh well.... Then the #117 black sow walked out and walked around the dirt napping hog without a care in the world...that was her fatal mistake........or so I thought.... the thought of death was there... but not in my arrow that sailed harmlessly over the top of her....WHAT THE....
                Well, did ya pick a spot? what spot?...ahhhh. problem number one Identified !!
                Now for problem two.. She wasn't spooked, but she wasn't in a shot position any more either......... more waiting.. after an hour(bout a minute in reality) she again offered the Mark shot, this time the shot was dead on the money !! Right where I was looking. She bolted into the corner of the field and went down kickin and screamin... 2 New Years day hogs and me all excited. What a Day !!!! What a Start to the New Year !!

I didn't have my camera with me (like most of the time) So in no time at all, Rick was driving along the edge of the muddy field in full 4 wheel drive with a concerned look on his face, Well..... he made it to here, so the trip back should be hopefully uneventful too.... which it was.
                A quick 15 minute trip over the mountain and we were at the house and unloading hogs.

Here's a pic of the two unlucky sows that, will grace someone table in the near future (Glad he remembered to take a picture)

Now, The Tan one is on my Radar, He's big and Maybe might even grace the wall of the living room with the couple other fine trophies I have there.

Comment

Congrats, Mark!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Wow, Sticbow, your beard is a trophy! Nice pigs, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Meloni View Post
                      Wow, Sticbow, your beard is a trophy! Nice pigs, too.
                      What beard?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0562.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	24042752

Bisch

Comment

Those werte some fine harvest folks. Congratulations to all!

Comment

Congratulations y'all..

Comment

put me in for 2012
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	abb.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	24042778

Comment

Nice Marty!

Bisch

Comment

Cool Marty, you eat any of it yet? Wonder how they taste.

Comment

Working...
                                X