No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to know. 34 animals and there are just 35 hunters on each rifle hunt. I'm excited about my hunt this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by 30.06 View Post
      Good to know. 34 animals and there are just 35 hunters on each rifle hunt. I'm excited about my hunt this weekend.
      I go Jan 5-7 with my dad and older brother first time hunting out there.

Comment

We will be there Jan 12-14! Cant wait!

Comment

It’s great to see the gun hunters are doing so well. Seems they have had better weather then when we were down there.

Comment

I have a question about the county park that a lot of you stayed at. Does the park have shower facilities and does the tent camping sites have electricity and water availability? We stayed in Harlingen this year in a motel but if we get drawn next year I would be interested in the camping aspect.

Comment

There is a shower. I don't believe the tent only area has electricity.
              I shared an RV site that had both water and electricity and it worked out to be cheaper than staying at the tent site.

Originally posted by NeedmoreOutdoor View Post
              I have a question about the county park that a lot of you stayed at. Does the park have shower facilities and does the tent camping sites have electricity and water availability? We stayed in Harlingen this year in a motel but if we get drawn next year I would be interested in the camping aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
                What an awesome experience. Was on Nilgai every day, got a slightly quartering away shot of on a blue bull day one but didn't get the penetration I needed.

Saw almost every animal in Texas (Nilgai, Whitetail, Javelina, Hogs, Bobcat, Coyote, Rattlesnake, Texas Tortoise...) will put in for this hunt every year.

Didn't get a Nilgai but got on the board with these two Hogs [Video]

https://youtu.be/egvn0aZXevQ

Here are a few of my pics:

Wow what a shot! That pig didn’t even have a chance to squeal! Good one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
                  What an awesome experience. Was on Nilgai every day, got a slightly quartering away shot of on a blue bull day one but didn't get the penetration I needed.

Saw almost every animal in Texas (Nilgai, Whitetail, Javelina, Hogs, Bobcat, Coyote, Rattlesnake, Texas Tortoise...) will put in for this hunt every year.

Didn't get a Nilgai but got on the board with these two Hogs [Video]

https://youtu.be/egvn0aZXevQ

Here are a few of my pics:

Awesome video!

Comment

I'm ready to go sit in the rain and wind tomorrow. I walked in 1.5 miles to set up my tripod. Then walking out I saw 5 whitetails within 200 yards of the county road. Makes me wonder what I'm doing way back in there. We'll see if anything comes out in the rain.

Comment

I'm ready to go sit in the rain and wind tomorrow. I walked in 1.5 miles to set up my tripod. Then walking out I saw 5 whitetails within 200 yards of the county road. Makes me wonder what I'm doing way back in there. We'll see if anything comes out in the rain.
                      Hopefully so

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

are snakes still moving around?

Comment

I hunted in the rain an entire day last year. Camo Frog Toggs did a good job of keeping me dry.

That rain day was awesome. Deer were moving and others hunters were not, so I got on the move and learned alot considering I knew the place was near empty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I found out why I walked in that far. Got a nice 11 point buck Saturday morning. Strange thing about it, the deer had an old 5" scar on his belly right under the ribs. Maybe one of you shot at a big buck with an arrow last year and after hours of searching only found a few drops of blood. Well, I found your deer. Not much killed on this hunt. When I left Sunday morning only 6 white tail and 2 nilgai on the harvest board. Sorry, I don't know how to post a picture on this site.

Comment

I found out why I walked in that far. Got a nice 11 point buck Saturday morning. Strange thing about it, the deer had an old 5" scar on his belly right under the ribs. Maybe one of you shot at a big buck with an arrow last year and after hours of searching only found a few drops of blood. Well, I found your deer. Not much killed on this hunt. When I left Sunday morning only 6 white tail and 2 nilgai on the harvest board. Sorry, I don't know how to post a picture on this site.
                              If you want you can text it to me and I'll post for you.
                              (409)781-3185

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                                If you want you can text it to me and I'll post for you.
                                (409)781-3185
                                Do it! Lets see!!! Congrats!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X