Clear All

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
    Just got mine ordered

6.5 Creedmoor
    22" barrel
    Ratchet flutes
    black, brown, and off white ambush camo
    burnt bronze action and barrel

I really was leaning more towards 6.5-284 or 6.5 PRC when I called, but for my goals for this rifle and wanting to keep the barrel at 22" to run suppressed, 6.5 Creedmor will do all I need it to do and then some.....can't wait to get my hands on it and get my 1000 yd range built to have some fun.

Nice build!

Comment

Got 1 as welll

6.5 CM
      24” barrel
      Ratchet flute
      Desert transition stock
      Elite smoke cerakote action and barrel
      Looking forward to it!

Jimmy was extremely helpful and walked me thru questions I had. Called in wanting a .26 Nosler. But after you walk thru it, the CM is the smart choice if you aren’t going to reload and as much as I’d like to... just don’t have the time
      Last edited by Biscuit; 02-01-2018, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
        6.5 CM
        24” barrel
        Ratchet flute
        Desert transition stock
        Elite smoke cerakote action and barrel
        Looking forward to it!

Jimmy was extremely helpful and walked me thru questions I had. Called in wanting a .26 Nosler. But after you walk thru it, the CM is the smart choice if you aren’t going to reload and as much as I’d like to... just don’t have the time
        For me reloading wasn't the issue, but wanting to keep it to a 22" barrel to run the suppressor was my biggest hurdle. I really wanted one of the faster 6.5 calibers, but they just didn't make sense. This will be my gun for a couple of years until my son who is 5 now is ready, then I will give it to him, so the lower recoil of the CM was a bonus to me from that aspect as well.

Comment

Same here

I went with CM for several reasons but I have 3 kids that will also be using this gun. That played a role in it as well. I currently shoot a 7STW in a sendero and it is devistating on any deer. I call it semi custom as I have had a little work done to it and replaced trigger with a jewel. So I really have a .284 option that I am happy with. Have wanted a 6.5 caliber of some kind so the kids can use it. I know this CM will be a shooter. Really was the best option for me

Comment

Just put down my deposit

.260AI
            22" barrel
            APR ambush pattern stock with MARPAT desert colors
            Coyote brown action, barrel, and bottom metal

Looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Thetoe View Post
              Just put down my deposit

.260AI

22" barrel

APR ambush pattern stock with MARPAT desert colors

Coyote brown action, barrel, and bottom metal

Looking forward to it!

Just curious why the 260AI with the short barrel?

Comment

Cause it’s faster than a standard 260 at 22 inches

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                  Cause it’s faster than a standard 260 at 22 inches

Sierracharlie out…

Maybe I should call back and change mine to the 260AI or 6.5PRC. I really struggle with wanting an extra 150fps with the 6.5 bullet

Comment

Maybe I should call back and change mine to the 260AI or 6.5PRC. I really struggle with wanting an extra 150fps with the 6.5 bullet

I’d stick with the CM if I were you for the reasons you listed. Who knows if your son will be into reloading or not when you aren’t around. Keep it to where he can buy the factory ammo is my opinion.

Unless it really isn’t for him and that’s just what you told your wife don’t worry your secret is safe with me. Been down that road my self.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

It is for him, mainly because by that time I’ll want to build one a little differently for me.

Comment

Your choice is solid especially considering factory ammo.

260AI needs handloads

6.5PRC is young and factory ammo support is yet unknown.

Comment

I'm not going to lie, I don't have any objective reasons. Mostly because I wanted something totally custom that I couldn't remotely buy off the shelf.

I'm a reloader so I wanted something I could shoot forever and not worry about finding brass.

I hate trimming brass.

I can shoot normal .260 out of it in a pinch.

Its going to be a hunting gun but I t'll probably never be shot beyond 200m in a hunting situation so I don't really care about any speed lost with the short barrel. I'm more concerned with how handy and maneuverable it is.

Also my buddy has a .257ai and I've always wanted an ai

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                            Now we know why he always wears a cap around the manly men!
                            Wow Shane. I had no idea the guy nicknamed "Sweetness" in CSU was you???? I assumed it was Dimitri.

Comment

I believe they'll steer you toward the 6.5x284 for the use case "I want 150 more FPS than 6.5 Creedmoor" as they have others in this thread. I ordered one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                                You can run the 260 in a 20 or 22 inch barrel and still get great performance. A buddy of mine ran a 22 inch 260 with a can and shot to 1000 regularly.

Fluting is mostly cosmetic. While it does reduce weight to some degree it won’t affect balance as much as you are thinking.

Sierracharlie out…

We’ve taken multiple 6.5x47s past a mile on more than a few occasions. I can’t think of anyone that runs longer than 22” either. The x47 runs a touch slower than the .260 as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X