1/2 "cordless impact.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silverstang View Post
    I've owned alot. From Matco to Snap-On all the way to the lower brands. I absolutely cannot stand to use one of dewalts 1/2 impacts. They don't have a variable speed trigger, so it's wide open or nothing. The strongest I've ever used and the only one that is still kicking butt is the Matco, and I'll venture to say it is 6 years old or more, and most of it's life was getting used daily to make myself money. Its retired now and only gets used (heavily) around the house, but it has never been sent in like my snap on has been for repairs (3 times).
    Well shoot Dewalt is out then if it's a one speed trigger. That would suck

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
      I work at a 16 bay trailer repair shop.
      I'm the yard driver.
      The most popular, that I know of,
      3 guys (mobile)use the 1/2" x 3/8" snap on.

1 mobile guy 1/2" Ryobi

1 mobile guy rigid 3/8" drill and 1/4" impact

1 shop guy uses Milwaukee

1 used to use Makita. Not sure he doesn't anymore....
      Seen a youtube review today that a makita out torque the Dewalt and the fuel. Might have to look into that.

Comment

I have used a Chicago Pneumatic not to be confused with the harbour freighters Chicago electric. It is a very nice unit. And would be idea for what you are looking for. It is a line that napa carries and I believe most towns have a napa auto parts. If you can find a NAPA tent/truck type sale you can probably pick it up for about 3 bills with an extra battery. I really don't think you will be disappointed at all with it.

All 3 of my snap-on cordless impact drivers burnt up within 6 months.

Comment

Have the Milwaukee fuel in my work truck that gets used 21 days a month for about 5 months now and no issues to mention. Came in handy when I got my flat a couple weeks back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
            I have used a Chicago Pneumatic not to be confused with the harbour freighters Chicago electric. It is a very nice unit. And would be idea for what you are looking for. It is a line that napa carries and I believe most towns have a napa auto parts. If you can find a NAPA tent/truck type sale you can probably pick it up for about 3 bills with an extra battery. I really don't think you will be disappointed at all with it.

All 3 of my snap-on cordless impact drivers burnt up within 6 months.
            This is what I would buy. Hey ladrones, if you ever have a problem with that tool, shoot me a PM. I will get you taken care of.
            Last edited by lilavidhunter; 07-05-2017, 09:55 PM.

Comment

I have/use a 1/2 Ingersoll Rand 20v, wouldn't trade it for a Milwaukee or dewalt. It's rated at 780 ft lb and 1100 busting tourqe

Comment

1/2 18v dewalt I worked on a couple bolts the lawnmower shop tied in the other day, and it took 5 tries and multiple penetrating oil sprays to finally get the bolt off.

Comment

wanted milwaukee after talking to some electricians and contractors, but boss said everything else is dewalt....so we got a dewalt

Comment

Makita, best engineered tools on the market....no further questions your honor!

Comment

I"ve used my Milwaukee Fuel to do several tire changes and some other work and been happy. The high output battery is noticeably better but the original batteries still work.

Comment

Found a Dewalt at Sears in Sherman for 189. Battery,charger and tool. Had to jump on that price. Got home rotated the tires on my one ton pickup and pulled the blades on my mowers. It will work for what I need. Sure wanted more then 400 lbs of torque but at that price it had to be baught.

Comment

I have the Dewalt 20V and it has done everything I need it to do. changing tires should not be a problem for it. As for battery life, when my chainsaw went out I used a reciprocating saw to cut down an old fig tree that had three ten inch bases, it took care of it like a dream.

Comment

My oldest son has the Milwaukee Fuel and loves it and the youngest has the Snap On and swears by it. I have used the Snap On but havnt had a chance to play with the Milwaukee yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              I have the 20v DeWALT...I think they make two models.

One has more torque than the other...my 18v was great, but this one rocks.
                              X2 Mine is the high torque model. It stays in my truck and makes changing tires for myself and others quick and easy! I have had it about three years and love it.

Comment

Milwaukee Fuel is great. I have two drills, 2 impact screwdrivers, and 1/2" impact, and shop speakers! All work great.

Comment

Working...
                                X