Live Youth Javi Weeked Hunt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Youth Javi Weeked Hunt!

I am in the pick up line at my daughters school now. We are headed to James Daugherty WMA for the youth Javi hunt. I know a couple other TBH people will be there also. I will try and post as much as i can along the way and during the hunt!
    My daughter asked if we could use her crossbow instead of the rifle (drawn for rifle hunt) I called and asked and they are ok with it. We have the smoke pole packed as a back up plan. Neither of us have ever even seen a Javi before, So Should be a great weekend just me and my daughter!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Have fun and good luck! Always great making memories.

Comment

Good Job Dad!!! Best of luck to your daughter!!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Take lots of corn

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Must have stuff...

Comment

Good luck buddy! Javis are fun to hunt. I think you and your daughter will enjoy it.

BTW, Javis are a blast to spot and stalk. I'm sure different WMAs and hunts have different rules... but don't just limit yourself to sitting over on spot. If you are allowed, corn in a lot of areas and walk/drive around until you see them. It isn't "too" difficult to get inside of 30-40 yards from them on foot. When I hunt them... I get inside 40 pretty regularly and if afforded enough opportunities... inside 15 to make the shot with the stick bow.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                    Take lots of corn
                    I have six bags of corn with me and I plan on using it all.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                      Good luck buddy! Javis are fun to hunt. I think you and your daughter will enjoy it.

BTW, Javis are a blast to spot and stalk. I'm sure different WMAs and hunts have different rules... but don't just limit yourself to sitting over on spot. If you are allowed, corn in a lot of areas and walk/drive around until you see them. It isn't "too" difficult to get inside of 30-40 yards from them on foot. When I hunt them... I get inside 40 pretty regularly and if afforded enough opportunities... inside 15 to make the shot with the stick bow.
                      Thanks I will find out the rules and check into that I really want her to get one with the crossbow!

Are you going to go to Banana Bend and shoot any this year?

Comment

Good times!
                        Might have to look into a deal like that.
                        Hoping to take my twin nephews w/o breaking the bank!

Looking forward to LDPs!

Comment

Good luck to you guys! She's already smiling after that Bucee's stop!

Comment

Originally posted by duckman49 View Post
                            Thanks I will find out the rules and check into that I really want her to get one with the crossbow!

Are you going to go to Banana Bend and shoot any this year?

Well make sure you pick up a bag of corn if you can. With corning, a crossbow shot should be totally reasonable. Just keep glassing for them. Once you found them you can stalk up to them fairly easily if you mind the wind. If you spook them... they have a pretty small home range so they often pop back out nearby a couple minutes later.

I have been at 40 yards... spooked em... had them walk into the brush... only to walk back out 10 yards from me 3 minutes later.

Yeah. I am planning on shooting the Bend more this year.... have they published the sched yet?

I want to be like Chew when I grow old.... er.

Comment

Windows down, singing Dang Me by Roger Miller by her request! People next to us in traffic looking at us crazy.... lol

Comment

Working...
                              X