No announcement yet.

Help with hog panels in rocky ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's more expensive but when myself and another person can put a ten panel pen together in about 20 minutes and never drive a t post or wire anything it has been worth every penny. I will never go back to the old way

Comment

I have a call in, so I'll find out later how much. Still a good idea, and they will most likely last much longer and for sure be easier to set up and take down. Time to get the chop saw a new blade and start burning some rods.

Comment

Originally posted by Ishi&Elvis View Post
        That sounds high on the price. Hog panel $19.00, and I don't know what a 24' length of tubing is yet, but I hope I'm not going to be in it for that much per panel.

At first glance it does sound high.. About the time you figure $20 per hog panel, the cost of the tea posts the cost of running the drill the post you’re going to damage driving I’m in etc. etc. etc. and then not having the ability to move the set up from location to location if needed they really are a bargain.

I’ve also never had a pig or a cow getting inside my pin using these either. I’ve had big pigs and cows jjust mow downhog panels in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Real easy to add some fawn entrances in between panels as well. We add in spring then take out later. Never had a cow or pig either we these

Comment

I'm not going to use t posts and I have plenty of rebar on hand. I'll weld the bits and pieces of 1" tube onto the ends for the hinges and go with rebar through those holes into the ground. I'll probably leave a foot at the top in case I need to attach some wire to it. Or if I don't need to I'll bend some rebar with a j at the top and put them through the holes. I"m sure I'll need to put some type of tie down on some of it. Good idea though and I'm going to steal it from you for my place. ;-)

Comment

We use goat panels, like the ones in the photos above. They pin together like taller cattle panels and don't require driving anything into the ground.

Comment

1" will certainly work on the ends. We went with 1 1/2 rectangle on the ends just cause it was easier to line up and connect the panels. I promise you will never build another pen any other way [emoji16]

Comment

I'll weld two or three on one end top, middle, bottom and stagger on the opposite end, then wash, rinse repeat so that my alignment will be good.

Comment

Working...
                  X