Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viking Archery Canyon Lake Texas (thumbs down)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scott kevin and rick in the houston store are some of the greatest guys ive met in the buisness. there are few people ive found with more knowledge than any of thoose guys. rick is a awesome and curteous salesman, kevin is a great businessman with absolute impeckable advise. scott is as well. he can but the science of the archery world in understandable terms. not to mention scott builds the best strings and grips that ive ever seen.... maybey their dad has a chip on his shoulder, nobody can help that and i have no experience with the ol man. but in my opinion, if any of the htown viking guys seem to be a little cocky, its because they earned it. thats just my opinion. im sure rick is reading this and i doubt he is to terribly worried.... as far as how do they stay in business...... well, its because they know their **** and appearently everyone else knows it to otherwise they would not be in business especially for as long as they have been..... i dont know where my bow mechanics or archery skills would be had i not found viking archery......

Comment

Originally posted by dccytclr View Post
      Funny how people like that can own a shop...

On a side note, why are there so many archery techs like that? seems like 1/4 of them have no social skills.
      It used to be that way, but now there are alot to good people running shops around houston. West Houston, Triple Edge, Sante Fe, just to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by G5ARCHER View Post
        scott kevin and rick in the houston store are some of the greatest guys ive met in the buisness. there are few people ive found with more knowledge than any of thoose guys. rick is a awesome and curteous salesman, kevin is a great businessman with absolute impeckable advise. scott is as well. he can but the science of the archery world in understandable terms. not to mention scott builds the best strings and grips that ive ever seen.... maybey their dad has a chip on his shoulder, nobody can help that and i have no experience with the ol man. but in my opinion, if any of the htown viking guys seem to be a little cocky, its because they earned it. thats just my opinion. im sure rick is reading this and i doubt he is to terribly worried.... as far as how do they stay in business...... well, its because they know their **** and appearently everyone else knows it to otherwise they would not be in business especially for as long as they have been..... i dont know where my bow mechanics or archery skills would be had i not found viking archery......
        wow.. really?
        cockyness is an excuse for poor customer service?
        Really?

Comment

x2 Rick is good people.

Comment

Yeah Tim is a handful and i feel bad for his kids/wife. Theyre a great bunch to deal with minus the old man. id rather drink turpentine than deal with him.

Comment

I have never seen the old man but the two sons in Houston are outstanding! I went in one day and told them I was just killing time. The AlphaMax had just come out and asked if they had one I could see. They didn't, but Scott told me to hold on a sec while he went out and got his personal AlphaMax and told me to go shoot a few. He knew full well that I wasn't buying anything that day. Well I liked it so much I started scraping togehter my nickles and dimes and bought one a year later. I have also had Scott make me a string for my AphaMax and not only did he do a great job but let me watch and answered ALL my questions while he was at it. The Houston store is a good place.

Comment

this is such a shame.

I've bought many bows brand new from shops and driven straight to Scott to set up. I bought multiple bows when the old man was running the place and he's a gem for sure.

Hate that his sons work hard to overcome that reputation and have him be able to get bad news on the internet once again.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                  this is such a shame.

I've bought many bows brand new from shops and driven straight to Scott to set up. I bought multiple bows when the old man was running the place and he's a gem for sure.

Hate that his sons work hard to overcome that reputation and have him be able to get bad news on the internet once again.
                  Never met any of them but that's a powerful statement. Too bad they can't retire the old man if they are as good as ya'll say they are.

Comment

He's not that bad... LOL

Chef Gordon Ramsay ring a bell! LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                      I have been a customer for years in Houston. The sons are top of the line, and Tim's wife is one of the sweetest ladies I have ever dealt with. Tim on the other hand can be a Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hide depending on his mood. I have been in there and had him give me something that I wanted to buy, and the next time bark at me for asking a question. I usually just stood around and waited for one of the son's to get free. Sorry for your experience, please don't lump his kids or wife in with him, they are good people.
                      Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                      Yeah Tim is a handful and i feel bad for his kids/wife. Theyre a great bunch to deal with minus the old man. id rather drink turpentine than deal with him.
                      Originally posted by lbbf View Post
                      I have never seen the old man but the two sons in Houston are outstanding! I went in one day and told them I was just killing time. The AlphaMax had just come out and asked if they had one I could see. They didn't, but Scott told me to hold on a sec while he went out and got his personal AlphaMax and told me to go shoot a few. He knew full well that I wasn't buying anything that day. Well I liked it so much I started scraping togehter my nickles and dimes and bought one a year later. I have also had Scott make me a string for my AphaMax and not only did he do a great job but let me watch and answered ALL my questions while he was at it. The Houston store is a good place.
                      Pretty much agree with the above, especially the parts about Scott, Kevin and Lannie(the wife). And I consider Rick a personal friend. He makes the best takedown recurve bow out there. and is a heck of a good guy!
                      HOWEVER, as long as Tim Whiteford owns Viking Archery, I cannot with a clear conscience support the business. I truly feel sorry for the rest of the family and staff, but he's the owner and leader and like it or not, they are tied to him.

Comment

Originally posted by dccytclr View Post
                        Funny how people like that can own a shop...

On a side note, why are there so many archery techs like that? seems like 1/4 of them have no social skills.
                        I think it's the fletching glue and acetone. Many of these older guys havn't found out you don't have to do all that cleaning and prepping if your using newer technology such as Fusion Vanes. The boys have discovered that fact...

Comment

Originally posted by VorTexan View Post
                          I think it's the fletching glue and acetone. Many of these older guys havn't found out you don't have to do all that cleaning and prepping if your using newer technology such as Fusion Vanes. The boys have discovered that fact...

Shameless plug?

Comment

It's been too long since we've had a good viking roasting

Click image for larger version

Name:	0_my_photographs_edinburgh_-_new_year_bonfire_calton_hill_1zt12a.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	23997879

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
                              Shameless plug?

"if it sticks?"

Really some of these older guys have so much frustration built up.

Is it years of dealing with the wrong customers or just a character flaw to begin with?

or just a bow tech gene?

Any you bowshop guys care to respond? (I wont call any names)

Comment

I'm kind of surprised that some of you guys are such fans of Viking Archery in Houston. I don't hate the place but I definitely won't be raving about it any time soon. I've been in there a few times and only once have I had a good experience. I wanted my Drenalin turned down and the young man behind the counter did it at no charge. Every other time I've went in there I've been ignored and had to interrupt a B.S. session to get a question answered. That plus the fact that they have a pretty small amount of merchandise, much of which has dust on the price tags, makes me regret the fact that two of my employees bought me a gift certificate to the place. I'll be holding on to it until I need some new strings I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X