Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viking Archery Canyon Lake Texas (thumbs down)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Years ago when he was in H town he was miserable to deal with. He has been put out to pasture up there, and the sons do a good job with the Houston store.

The sons are members here, and I will continue to see them for products.

Comment

Sorry to get on this bandwagon. But I had a friend who had the same experience in houston with this guy so I never went. And later my friend moved to bulverde by canyon lake and saw this shop "Viking Archery" open up and he went in to ask if it was the same store as in houston and the old guy was there and they got into it there also. Surprising they are still open.

Comment

Funny how people like that can own a shop...

On a side note, why are there so many archery techs like that? seems like 1/4 of them have no social skills.

Comment

Ed Lipscomb (Lip) is an old friend of his. Maybe he'll chime in!

Comment

Went twice to the Houston store, 1st was ok, 2nd time made me never to go back.

Comment

have friends that used to call and ask the price of a nock. Just to make him mad.

Comment

Originally posted by cwbow View Post
                have friends that used to call and ask the price of a nock. Just to make him mad.
                Ha, that's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                  Ed Lipscomb (Lip) is an old friend of his. Maybe he'll chime in!

Comment

On another note, you can get some top notch service in the Houston store from three of the most experience and talented techs you'll ever run accross.

I had them De-Ganderize a Mathews Drenlin a few years ago and they were great.

Comment

The Houston store is supporting the Startzville/Canyon Lake store. Shopping at Viking is helping Tim Whiteford. After 1000's of "episodes" I've never heard he's apologized for the first one.
                      Last edited by Thumper; 06-20-2011, 12:56 PM.

Comment

And yet they are continuely the Number 1 dealer of Hoyt in the US... things that make you go Hummmm

Comment

He threatened to kill me....but I probably had it coming.

Comment

It makes me sad to read this. I know how folks feel about the old man - and I would also avoid a store that didn't make me feel welcome - but personally, have had nothing but sterling service from his sons and associates every time I go to the Houston store. From just using the range, to recommendations, purchases and service. Guilt by association (as is honor by association) is a fallacy, and we should give people the benefit of the doubt and allow them to earn our respect and trust - or not, imvho.

If we avoided every retail outlet because of their associations, we would run out of places to shop.

For clarity, I realize not everyone is painting it like that. Just wanted to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
                              He threatened to kill me....but I probably had it coming.
                              LOL, I would like to hear that story

Comment

I have been a customer for years in Houston. The sons are top of the line, and Tim's wife is one of the sweetest ladies I have ever dealt with. Tim on the other hand can be a Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hide depending on his mood. I have been in there and had him give me something that I wanted to buy, and the next time bark at me for asking a question. I usually just stood around and waited for one of the son's to get free. Sorry for your experience, please don't lump his kids or wife in with him, they are good people.

Comment

Working...
                                X