Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not everyone should be allowed to carry..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
    Jordan Peterson's works on rights vs responsibilities is enlightening on this topic.

There are very few instances where a person's rights should be curtailed but they do exist, and we all agree that they exist despite some folks unwillingness to admit that they believe that.

So yes, some folks, who present a clear and present danger to others may have to be stripped of their right to own a firearm but we have to be very, very, careful to only apply there where it absolutely has to be applied.
    Was it his “right” or “responsibility” to get strung out on benzodiazepines?
    Asking for a friend

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      Some people should not be allowed to operate a vehicle / boat / plane yet they passed all required fields & still had accidents and/or caused fatalities.

Some people should not be allowed to hunt yet passed their safety yet went onto shoot another person in the field.

Some people should not be allowed to have guns in their house yet a child shoots another child on a regular basis.

Some people should not drink because they kill someone getting behind the wheel.

Do you get it now?? Who get's to decide without free men losing liberty??

Don't tread on me!!
      Yup...pretty much sums it up for me.

It’s a scary world out there but I’ll take my chances and try to stay vigilant without someone else telling me what’s good for me.....AND YOU!

Comment

Taking a class and shooting at a target for the first or second time in your life doesn't qualify you to carry a gun. Legally yes, but are you mentally capable? There's immature and stupid people of all walks of life. You can't really regulate stupidity.

People like that guy or anyone else who is careless with a firearm or anything dangerous for that matter will weed themselves out eventually. You can't control what anyone does in this life. You are in control of you and you only. That might be hard for people to accept but I don't have that problem. If you're stupid and I know it I'll stay away from you whether you're carrying a gun or not. Problem solved.

Comment

constitutional carry is the only option

Comment

Some good points made here.

My position is clear:

LTC is an infringement

You don’t have to like someone carrying but you or anyone else shouldn’t be able to retract their right if they are legally able.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              Was it his “right” or “responsibility” to get strung out on benzodiazepines?
              Asking for a friend
              I did type out a response but it's really not even worth it

So I'll just say that's a pretty pathetic, ignorant and completely irrelevant thing to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                I did type out a response but it's really not even worth it

So I'll just say that's a pretty pathetic, ignorant and completely irrelevant thing to say.
                You brought him into the conversation. Just seems to have lost all credibility. Don’t get me wrong, I hope he whips it, but his opinion is irrelevant now

Comment

Working...
                X