Carnivore Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mohawkman View Post
    I think venison might be to lean. You need the fat. But I am not sure.
    Definitely will need fats. I see lots of bacon wrapped goodies on the menu!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Y’all gonna get the gout eating nothing but meat.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post

Beef is certainly a factor, but I’m betting most people are guilty of the other 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
          Thinking of giving this a month long run to see what my body does. I've been semi-keto for a while and seen great results, but starting to plateau a bit. I have found my body is very reactive to carbohydrate intake.

For ones that don't know, the carnivore diet is only consuming animal based products. Obviously, no carbs. Also, no fruit, no vegetables, no cheese, dairy. Just plain meat, eggs, water.

I didn't see a previous thread.
          Anyone tried it?
          youre gonna get scurvy

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            already got it.. allopurinol is my bff

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
              youre gonna get scurvy

Aargh

Comment

elimination processing. I like to see how my body is affected by different foods/diets.
                Nice. Good luck. I did it for a 24 hours. I ended up craving carbs so bad I quit after a day. I didn't realize how much I like carbs.

Like Rogan said, I didn't have spikes or dips in energy, and was more irritable the whole time. That whole one day LOL, I suspect the bad mood would go away over time.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                  I don't agree with who he is voting for at all, but he's a huge advocate for hunting. One of the few hunters that is friends with people from both sides of the political spectrum. I'm not going to write him off just because of that.
                  Who cares if he hunts and talks about it. He is a Bernie Sanders supporter...nuff said.lol I have a hard time understanding the mentality of people who support that loon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                    Who cares if he hunts and talks about it. He is a Bernie Sanders supporter...nuff said.lol I have a hard time understanding the mentality of people who support that loon.

[emoji3166]

Comment

It is sustainable for a period of time, just be sure to eat enough fats, that is where your body is going to get the lasting energy. And be sure to eat a variety of meats and keep red meat intake to only a couple of meals a week, it’s hard on your body to break down compared to fish and chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

I would argue that he isn't a Bernie supporter. He said in his podcast the he does not endorse Bernie and doesn't know who he is going to vote for. He went as far as saying that he doesn't follow politics very close and that no one should base who they vote for based on him.

He said the same about his diet and he is just reporting how it went for him.

Comment

It will do wonders for any inflammation or joint pain you may have. My brother has been doing it for the past 2 months and has had great success as an elimination diet for several food allergies. Has done amazing things for Jordan Peterson and his daughter.

Comment

Nutrient deficient without organ meats as someone else stated. Any diet that is restrictive of refined carbs and omega 6 is a win in my book. If you want to do any diet right, you need to be checking how your blood glucose responds to foods you’re eating.

Comment

Thinking of giving this a month long run to see what my body does. I've been semi-keto for a while and seen great results, but starting to plateau a bit. I have found my body is very reactive to carbohydrate intake.

For ones that don't know, the carnivore diet is only consuming animal based products. Obviously, no carbs. Also, no fruit, no vegetables, no cheese, dairy. Just plain meat, eggs, water.

I didn't see a previous thread.
                              Anyone tried it?
                              give me the cliff notes on why you would eliminate vegetables? i understand that carbs arent an essential macro and can see cutting them, but i would like to know what they say the reasoning is behind cutting vegetables.

if any of you podcast, Mindpump is pretty good. i use stitcher as my podcast app and can skim through all the titles and they do a pretty good job of listing what the main topic(s) will be of each one, i usually cut right to what i want to hear about. they talk a lot about diet and from what ive seen/read about the 3 hosts really know their stuff. they have all experimented at one time or another with every major diet that come out and talk about how it affected them.

i also feel like i am very reactive to carbs to have tried to cut them way back, seems to be working for now. i would like to lose 10-15lbs and may try carnivore to get that last bit off.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                                give me the cliff notes on why you would eliminate vegetables? i understand that carbs arent an essential macro and can see cutting them, but i would like to know what they say the reasoning is behind cutting vegetables.
                                Because they are gross

Lol, seriously though, it's just another way to start to eat healthy. Most of the people I meet that have success as vegans or carnivores were people who ate like **** before, tons of carbs and processed foods. Elimination of those foods is really why they feel better, not the fact that they only eat meat or vegetables.

Like they say, shop around the edges of the grocery story, and you will be much healthier.

Comment

Working...
                                X