No announcement yet.

Score?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang-I said 154". Rarely am I that close. Fairly often I get within 6". Good looking deer.

Comment

He's a good looking deer. I doubt with his protein appetite that he'll stay in my range, especially if he gets the other drop back.

Even with the shed in my hand, it was hard for me to believe the score. He just looks GOOD! His mass fooled me because he has eliptical beams and they look good from the side, but score lower.

Comment

He's a good looking deer. I doubt with his protein appetite that he'll stay in my range, especially if he gets the other drop back.

Even with the shed in my hand, it was hard for me to believe the score. He just looks GOOD! His mass fooled me because he has eliptical beams and they look good from the side, but score lower.
        what do you mean in your range???

Comment

140's I love the color of those tines

Comment

We can kill any mature deer that we can get approved. Up to 150ish, we don't have to go through anyone. We find it and kill it. If it's bigger, close to 160, we have three second tier hunters that have to pass on the deer first. If they want it they can have it....but, we don't have to tell them where it is. LOL Over that, the price becomes prohibitive for us. So, what we look for are 150 class bucks, they're big enough and keeps us from having to worry about anyone else. AJ from my previous thread will probably be one of two that really get my attention, and this buck will deserve a look, but he'll be too big in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by tuthdoc View Post
              We can kill any mature deer that we can get approved. Up to 150ish, we don't have to go through anyone. We find it and kill it. If it's bigger, close to 160, we have three second tier hunters that have to pass on the deer first. If they want it they can have it....but, we don't have to tell them where it is. LOL Over that, the price becomes prohibitive for us. So, what we look for are 150 class bucks, they're big enough and keeps us from having to worry about anyone else. AJ from my previous thread will probably be one of two that really get my attention, and this buck will deserve a look, but he'll be too big in the end.
              So you're limited to only killing mature bucks in the 150s, after that anything 160 and up costs you an additional trophy fee? I was curious as to what "range" meant as well.

Comment

Great looking dear.
                Hope you get to stick him.

Comment

Yeah, we can kill as big a deer as we're willing to pay for and that we can get by the 5 people that have claiming rights above us. A 160 would cost me about 4500, so odds are I won't kill one. A good price for a lease with that kind of deer, but with my other two leases and the money I spend on protein in San Angelo, I don't see me killing one that big, even if I got it approved. 150 class does me just fine.

Comment

145-150

Comment

Those horns aren't real. You bought them at the Academy and JB Welded em to his head didn't you?
                      Last edited by LostHawg; 04-23-2008, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X