Big Oak Trad Weekend, VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    I was out of town when Phillip messaged me offering his spot. I am grateful and hope your bear hunt is a successful one.

Gary
    You gonna try to seal the deal on an axis doe? I'm thinking I'm gonna try to get a red hind this trip.

Comment

Axis, hind or sika doe. Unless I get a big job or two before then. But I hate working this time of year. It's hunting season. Not boat dock season.

Gary

Comment

Anybody know which weather website has a 56 day forecast?

Comment

Originally posted by swamprabbit View Post
          anybody know which weather website has a 56 day forecast?
          lmao! Cold, very cold!

Comment

Annual Weather Summary: November 2016 to October 2017

Winter will be much warmer than normal, with below-normal precipitation and near-normal snowfall. The coldest periods will be in late December, early to mid- and mid- to late January, and early February. The snowiest periods in the north will be in mid- and late November, late December, and early February.

Taken from the Texas Farmer's Almanac.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
              Anybody know which weather website has a 56 day forecast?
              It's Texas. I'll bring shorts and my insulated bibs just to have all the bases covered.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                It's Texas. I'll bring shorts and my insulated bibs just to have all the bases covered.
                That is how I am packed for this weekend

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm getting excited!! It'll be here before we know it!! I've got some goodies I'm gonna bring for us to snack on, and I'll bring some drinks and stuff to share too. Anybody know of anything in particular we need?

Comment

Good weather!!

Comment

Bagley to be on her A game for me.

Gary

Comment

Yep, it is the next hunt that I am looking forward to.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Not me. I've got a few in between. I live to hunt.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                            Good weather!!
                            I may be in the minority, but I'd be happy if it was in the 80's lol. Cold weather is hard on me!! When the sun went down Sunday evening I was so cold I don't think I could have drawn my bow I was so stiff. Buff has nice blinds though so I'm bringing my heater if it's cold!!

Comment

I can live with 45 in the mornings and 65 in the afternoon. Cold weather, like the 15 degree sit Monday morning, does hurt those old injuries, but if it puts the critters on feed then I can hack.

Gary

Comment

I use to work closely with a bunch of great National Weather Service guys. They told me any forecast farther out than four days, was a total guess and not worth the time to read it.

I can take almost any temperature, but I would like it completely dry for once, that would be nice. While I am making requests, I will put in one for light winds as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X