"the pasture"....long read and pic heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
    Beams will do funny things when they get ancient. My dinosaur deer always had sweeping beams, not they just kind of sweep up and have shortened in his decline...not sure why, maybe blood flow issues.
    i can see that, if you notice too, his left side is a bit smaller than his right, it was last year as well, maybe there is a slight injury there or something.

the tines are very close, the way the g3's are pretty solid and kind of shoot forward, matches up well....

Comment

To me, these two look the same. Forgive my poor paint skills. See the dark hair rings around the bases? This is from your 8/19/2015 photo. Same face. Same inward tip brow curvature. Same upward sweeping beams. Same big high but wide frame.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	24453468

Comment

No doubt those pictured are the same...the problem is Big and his giant frame didn't show up last year, or did he?

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
          To me, these two look the same. Forgive my poor paint skills. See the dark hair rings around the bases? This is from your 8/19/2015 photo. Same face. Same inward tip brow curvature. Same upward sweeping beams. Same big high but wide frame.
          [ATTACH]803027[/ATTACH]
          Yes, this is the same deer, the question is, is it Big Boy?

Comment

Wish I had this problem, if a deer hits 5.5 at my place he's done something.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
              Yes, this is the same deer, the question is, is it Big Boy?
              Unfortunately, I don't think so.

Comment

well the coons keep spinning my camera around so most of my pics suck this week, the 2 big ones were there this morning but you can barely see them on the side of the pic.

i needed to mow a little so i took the family out to ride 4 wheelers while i was on the tractor. so i finish mowing the food plots and start mowing a path through a waist high field from my stand/feeder area to my gate with my 6 year old helping me steer and my wife and 8yo son riding their 4 wheelers behind us. we are cruising along and i happen to look back and catch my wife running through the field, flip flops and shirt flying, towards the truck....she finally stops at treeline, with her hair sticking out all crazy everywhere and starts yelling "BEES!" i had kinda figured by then, but i'm like, "what? i cant hear you..." "BEES I SAID! ATTACKING ME!"

so me and Logan ride over and check out the damage, 5 hits on her back and one on her leg, plus a missing flip flop. we poured a little water on stings and she was good to go, and actually told me to ahead and finish mowing. i go back to the 4 wheeler she ditched and see that it is still being swarmed by bees, i dont want none so i get in the truck and go push it out into field away from them before i ride it back to the trailer.

after all that, i had a few new bucks show up this last week so that made it all worth it :grin:

this crazy guy has been around for a while but i never could get a good pic. he has huge brows and a good right side, he will get a pass to see what happens next year:

and this nice clean 8:

and this litte guy looks like he has some nice potential:

dang AR's

what do you think is wrong with this guy? his tongue has been hanging since last season and it looks like his nose was broke or something..

Comment

well the coons keep spinning my camera around so most of my pics suck this week, the 2 big ones were there this morning but you can barely see them on the side of the pic.

i needed to mow a little so i took the family out to ride 4 wheelers while i was on the tractor. so i finish mowing the food plots and start mowing a path through a waist high field from my stand/feeder area to my gate with my 6 year old helping me steer and my wife and 8yo son riding their 4 wheelers behind us. we are cruising along and i happen to look back and catch my wife running through the field, flip flops and shirt flying, towards the truck....she finally stops at treeline, with her hair sticking out all crazy everywhere and starts yelling "BEES!" i had kinda figured by then, but i'm like, "what? i cant hear you..." "BEES I SAID! ATTACKING ME!"

so me and Logan ride over and check out the damage, 5 hits on her back and one on her leg, plus a missing flip flop. we poured a little water on stings and she was good to go, and actually told me to ahead and finish mowing. i go back to the 4 wheeler she ditched and see that it is still being swarmed by bees, i dont want none so i get in the truck and go push it out into field away from them before i ride it back to the trailer.

after all that, i had a few new bucks show up this last week so that made it all worth it :grin:

this crazy guy has been around for a while but i never could get a good pic. he has huge brows and a good right side, he will get a pass to see what happens next year:

and this nice clean 8:

and this litte guy looks like he has some nice potential:

dang AR's

what do you think is wrong with this guy? his tongue has been hanging since last season and it looks like his nose was broke or something..

One of them east Texas meth head deer

Comment

I keep having camera issues so my next new pics are from a while back...

this would have been a cool pic

the most disturbing part of this check was this..

he was only there for a little bit on the 12th and then for 1 pic on the 15th. ive only seen a pig out there 1 other time, 2 or 3 years ago and it was the same deal, one lone pig on cam for a couple of days and then i never saw him again.

and then this fella showed up....

Comment

He went and got tall
                      Attached Files

Comment

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He went and got tall

Big deer! Target acquired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He went and got tall
                            Awesome buck, interesting rack shape!

Comment

Is that the same deer from the "it would have been a good photo" pic?

Comment

Yes, that's the same deer I've been getting pics of all summer, from pic 1326 above, he was the wide 8 last year and has a small right g4 this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X