No announcement yet.

2018 Bosque / McLennan County Yearly Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my spot near China Spring. But found a new spot out by mart. Haven't been to check it out yet. Hopefully has some deer. I have not ground checked one in 3 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      Lost my spot near China Spring. But found a new spot out by mart. Haven't been to check it out yet. Hopefully has some deer. I have not ground checked one in 3 years.

Hate to hear you lost your Bosque County place. Hope your Mart area place works out for you.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
        Hate to hear you lost your Bosque County place. Hope your Mart area place works out for you.

Rwc
        Thanks. Yep. The owners son wants to start gun hunting it this year.

New place is on xmas creek. Will see how it goes. I'll start posting game cam pics when i get set up in the next week or so.

Comment

Pulled my card today and I got a couple decent ones on there . The one with the split eye guard I seen several times last year and decided he needed another year so I think he will be my target.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3298.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	24544012Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3300.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	24544013

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good Mexico70.

Hope to get my better bucks back after grain harvest.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
              Looking good Mexico70.

Hope to get my better bucks back after grain harvest.

Rwc

Thanks !

Comment

I went to check cameras yesterday and deer are starting to come to feeders more. It's mostly just does and yearling bucks right now but there's a few others that show up occasionally. Range conditions are still very good considering the lack of rain.

The first buck is 5 and might be on the hit list this year. The second one might turn into something if he can live a couple more years. I believe he's a 3 year old.
                Attached Files

Comment

Good looking bucks cstrey !

Comment

105 plus everyday is taking its toll........ ha ha

Thought I would bust up a few acres of food plots on my river grounds Saturday morning but I believe I will just have to be patient and wait for the next rain.

I did dump a few bags of feed in the gravity feeder and reset my camera. Deer are still tearing up the salt lick.

Walked down on the river to check out the current water situation and found a hog rooting around. No more free meals for her.

Trial camera showed a few new bucks in and out but still nothing to get excited about. I need the maize to be harvested that is across the river from me.

Hope all are staying somewhat cool.

Rwc
                    Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful place RWC !

Comment

Originally posted by mexico70 View Post
                        Beautiful place RWC !

Appreciate it, it's much prettier when it's green.... ha ha

As soon as the grain is harvested and stalks turned under across the river from me I should get a few better bucks on camera.

Rwc

Comment

Nice blood trail Mr.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
                            Nice blood trail Mr.
                            Appreciate sir, the .22 mag does a fine job on them.......

A few trail cam photos. I know I sound like a broken record each year on this thread, but normally once the grain across the river on my neighbors place is harvested and stalks plowed under, I start getting better deer on camera. And if not, might be a long fall......ha ha

I have been trying to figure out if the older single side buck injured his right side early in the growth period or just drew a bad straw this year? I have no history with him nor did I have a buck quite like him last year. In 2013 and 2014 I had 2 bucks that had one quality side and one side with just a fork and the other 2 large daggers, but not one like this one. Both Ashton and Breck are trying to convince me that he is a defiant cull........they have been watching way to much outdoor channel, most know my theory on culling...........
                            Rwc
                            Attached Files

Comment

That buck sure got some weird stuff going on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                That buck sure got some weird stuff going on there.
                                Mike, I agree that old buck drank some bad water somewhere...
                                If you look into the 2013 thread there are a few photos (post 15 and 85) about half way through the thread of the 2 bucks that had the one good side and crazy other sides.

Rwc
                                Last edited by Rwc; 07-27-2018, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X