No announcement yet.

Oysters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gulf Oysters, anyway you can cook em. Never raw.

Cold water Oysters always on the half shell, mignonette, horseradish, hot sauce, cocktail and crackers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      I prefer the charbroiled oysters at Dragos in New Orleans, that's my favorite. I do like a good fried oyster as well.

However, those massive handful looking oysters that are posted look like true trophies but I could not imagine eating one in 2-3 bites, those just don't do it for me,,,,
      I dream about Drago's charbroiled oysters!

Comment

Oyster Beenville is out of this world.

Comment

Yes to all

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
            I've never liked oysters anyway they were prepared. That is until I ate the Jacked Up Oysters at Don's Seafood in Lafayette. Those oysters were delicious!
            They are charbroiled on the halfshell with some Monterey jack cheese, bacon, jalepeno and butter. They are great.

Comment

Anybody have a receive for fried oysters. I'd like to give it a try.

Comment

I like them raw or grilled, but have never cared for them fried. Ate quite a few grilled oysters at Gilhooley's back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mann Eye-Ashley View Post
                  I dream about Drago's charbroiled oysters!
                  YES!!!!!!
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

Love me some raw oysters!

Comment

You all got me hungry cravin' some oysters

I am going to be in the Baytown area of Houston next week. Any good seafood shacks in that area?

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                        Raw, fried, bienville, smoked, rockefeller- haven't found a way I don't like em. They taste best when bought right off the boat with TBHr The Cajun, from a coon-*** woman that could kick both our asses. $40 and a few beers well spent every time.

Did you harvest them yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
                          Did you harvest them yourself?
                          Pretty sure that sack of oysters was purchased directly from the fisherman once they get to the dock (like buying shrimp). Fishermen need a special permit/license and have to lease property where they harvest oysters. In LA, oyster harvest and farming is strictly regulated.

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
                            You all got me hungry cravin' some oysters

I am going to be in the Baytown area of Houston next week. Any good seafood shacks in that area?
                            Either Monument Inn across the ship channel, Topwater Grill in San Leon or Outriggers in Kemah.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                              Pretty sure that sack of oysters was purchased directly from the fisherman once they get to the dock (like buying shrimp). Fishermen need a special permit/license and have to lease property where they harvest oysters. In LA, oyster harvest and farming is strictly regulated.

Correct, those oysters never even made it to the dock. Find an oyster boat running into dock and pull up along side and make a barter. I’m pretty sure we were doing about 15mph in a 16ft flatbottom alongside the oyster boat in some serious chop water when we bought that sack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Raw with hotsause and horseradish and crackers and also fried.

Comment

Working...
                                X