Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good!!

Comment

Looking good...you might want to assemble right there didn't you see that buck in the background? I really like the stencil idea.

Comment

Final coat of paint applied in black. Now I just have to paint the inside black, install carpet on the floor, and set it up tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by whitie View Post
          Looking good...you might want to assemble right there didn't you see that buck in the background? I really like the stencil idea.
          Haha, that buck doesn't taste so good. I want to go find one a little more juicy.

I basically used the same method to paint the blind that I did on my 870. I just used a different pattern.

These are my first and second attempts at using this method and I've been pleased with the results both times.

Comment

nice

Comment

sweet

Comment

Looks good! I paint the same way, it works really great...

Comment

Lookin good. I've built several 4x8's and never had a problem drawing my bow inside. I would suggest putting a skin over the osb, it will not last in the weather, even with paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                    Lookin good. I've built several 4x8's and never had a problem drawing my bow inside. I would suggest putting a skin over the osb, it will not last in the weather, even with paint.
                    What's is a skin? How long do you think it would last without it?

Comment

one season before the OSB starts to swell, bow and break.

Comment

Originally posted by down2hunt View Post
                        What's is a skin? How long do you think it would last without it?
                        Cover it. 1/4" cdx plywood is cheap and with a couple of good coats of paint will last alot longer than the osb. The osb will soak up moisture, get soft and swell quick. I know this because I made the same mistake before.

Comment

Well we went to set it up tonight, but we only had about 30 minutes of daylight left. Luckily, it went together perfectly so it sent pretty quick. I just didn't get a chance to take a lot of pictures. I'll take more when I go back out this weekend.

I took one before it got to dark (it's missing the roof).

Here's one we took after dark with the roof. I still need to seal and paint between the wall and the roof. I just ran out of light to do it today.

For my first blind I am really pleased. I got in and drew my bow and it is plenty big. I was worried it may be a little small, but that's not the case, I've got room to spare.

I guess we'll find out how good of a job I did when I hunt it this weekend. I've been hand corning this spot for about a month and have good pictures of bucks. If my blind blends in well enough I'm hoping it want spook them off the area.

Comment

So, now you guys got me worried about the durability. I don't know much about build stuff so this was a learning experience for me. I haven't totaled it all up, but I think I spent about about $250 and have around 25 hours invested in this blind. I really don't want it to rot away within a year.

I was wondering what y'all thought about a spray on sealer? Would this help the durability of the OSB?

Something like this.

Comment

look into tyvek, its a wrap u put on houses before brick, its a moisture stop, usually white....not sure if that will solve issue, but an option

Comment

Originally posted by txstrapassassin View Post
                                look into tyvek, its a wrap u put on houses before brick, its a moisture stop, usually white....not sure if that will solve issue, but an option
                                Come'on

Comment

Working...
                                X