No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I was under the assumption that if you kill a mature doe that you get to hunt the following year, but if you also killed a buck that voided the following years hunt. What is the rule?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbousmc View Post
      So I was under the assumption that if you kill a mature doe that you get to hunt the following year, but if you also killed a buck that voided the following years hunt. What is the rule?
      One mature doe exempts you from the following years draw. Killing a buck or more does has no effect on your exemption after that.

You still have to go through the application process though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

No void with a buck ... but the mature doe will exempt. No orientation and no draw.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Why should I try hunting?

Hunting is about much more than killing animals. It’s spending time in their environment and intensively learning about wildlife through observation. You will experience nature on a deeper level when hunting, and probably come away with a greater appreciation for the animals you’re hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by wifearmas View Post
            hunting is about much more than killing animals. It’s spending time in their environment and intensively learning about wildlife through observation. You will experience nature on a deeper level when hunting, and probably come away with a greater appreciation for the animals you’re hunting and eating.:d:d:d
            fitfy

Comment

Just shot my bow for the first time since closing day, a whee bit rusty but got'r done. Qualified at Double G and got to shoot some 3D targets...that dang goat messed me up!! Haha! Just got to get my hunting license today and buy the permit and I done!! I'll probably be going to the orientation as I don't work till 1pm that afternoon. Who's all going?

Comment

We will be there too

Comment

Gonna take my qualifier at archery country tomorrow or Friday.

Went by there today to get my peep sight fixed.

I was there 10 minutes and it was fixed. I asked how much and they said no charge.

Awesome guys at Archery Country.

Comment

I can't make it, have family in from PA. I got a busy road coming up.. I'm buying a new bow next week, will have to dial it in and get qualified. Need to get my new license, pay my permit and pick it up.

Busy busy busy, but the camera shows it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
                      I can't make it, have family in from PA. I got a busy road coming up.. I'm buying a new bow next week, will have to dial it in and get qualified. Need to get my new license, pay my permit and pick it up.

Busy busy busy, but the camera shows it's worth it.

This Saturday's meeting is mandatory for everyone I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                        This Saturday's meeting is mandatory for everyone I believe.
                        Encouraged but not mandatory if your exempt.

Comment

Encouraged but not mandatory if your exempt.

But your papers are due which includes your test score and other fees so you still have to show up just not stay for the meeting. Thats how they know how many stan by spots to draw.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                            But your papers are due which includes your test score and other fees
                            You have til the 1st to pick up your permit.

Comment

You have til the 1st to pick up your permit.

The way the letter reads seems like at minimum you would need to check in between 9-9:15 unless you're letting stated different for exemptions.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                                The way the letter reads seems like at minimum you would need to check in between 9-9:15 unless you're letting stated different for exemptions.

Comment

Working...
                                X