No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to go back after they shut it down for repairs. I'll give it another shot. Great kill, brother!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!! Watch out for the ticks they are insane out there right now.

Comment

Carnage always putting in the work and getting serious with the knee pads haha...congrats bud

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice shot Carnage, but pretty soon you will have to start throwing rocks at them to make it a challenge!

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
            My first kill with my Toelke Pika. (49#@28, my draw is 26 inches)Quartering away at 20 yards. Drop down within 50 yards. Shot him across PC.
            Fantastic! Way to go Carnage!

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
              Nice shot Carnage, but pretty soon you will have to start throwing rocks at them to make it a challenge!
              Hopefully they will allow spear hunting on public hunting land.

Comment

Nice job Carnage!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone ever have any problems with trichinosis on the hogs at granger? Curious because I want to get out there to warm up for deer season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Field dress with the head up. Most nasty stuff is actually in their reproductive systems. Or gutless field dress.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
                      My first kill with my Toelke Pika. (49#@28, my draw is 26 inches)Quartering away at 20 yards. Drop down within 50 yards. Shot him across PC.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                      Good job man. Toelke power!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
                        Anyone ever have any problems with trichinosis on the hogs at granger? Curious because I want to get out there to warm up for deer season

Trichinosis is caused by eating contaminated meat. The parasite is in cyst form in the meat and when you eat the contaminated meat it (the cyst) develops into trichinosis. That's the short version anyway.

ALL wild pork (and bear) should be considered to be contaminated and treated as such.

The only real defense is to cook the meat well, to a temperature of 160° or higher (internal temperature). This will kill any Trichinella cysts present in the meat and make it safe to eat.

Additionally, Trichinella only infests the voluntary muscles of an organism. If you just have to eat something raw, like in a survival situation, you should eat organs (liver, lung, brain, etc.) or the heart (which is an involuntary muscle).

There is no chance of contracting trichinosis by contact; that is during field dressing, butchering or transporting.

While trichinosis was a big deal in the past, modern medicine can control it very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                          Trichinosis is caused by eating contaminated meat. The parasite is in cyst form in the meat and when you eat the contaminated meat it (the cyst) develops into trichinosis. That's the short version anyway.

ALL wild pork (and bear) should be considered to be contaminated and treated as such.

The only real defense is to cook the meat well, to a temperature of 160° or higher (internal temperature). This will kill any Trichinella cysts present in the meat and make it safe to eat.

Additionally, Trichinella only infests the voluntary muscles of an organism. If you just have to eat something raw, like in a survival situation, you should eat organs (liver, lung, brain, etc.) or the heart (which is an involuntary muscle).

There is no chance of contracting trichinosis by contact; that is during field dressing, butchering or transporting.

While trichinosis was a big deal in the past, modern medicine can control it very well.
                          Source: Rat has trichinosis

Comment

One more question from curiosity, has anyone ever been robbed or heard stories of anyone being held up out at granger? A friend of mines husband was robbed on public land in east Texas, they took his $800 bowtech. CHL aside, any war stories like that in central Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
                              Source: Rat has trichinosis

No, I have Giardiasis, still a parasite, but different.

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
                                One more question from curiosity, has anyone ever been robbed or heard stories of anyone being held up out at granger? A friend of mines husband was robbed on public land in east Texas, they took his $800 bowtech. CHL aside, any war stories like that in central Texas?

Wildman once had a battery stolen out of the back of his truck, and Sackett had a fish fryer stolen one year @ GRXH from the No. 7 primitive launch.

But nothing like you are describing.

Comment

Working...
                                X