Feral or FFA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2germans View Post
    His tail looks docked- be interested to see if his needle teeth were clipped. Granted he has lost his baby teeth yet and doesn't look that old (should happen around 15 months or so if I recall my swine class about 9 years ago.)

Had a hamp stroll by in wood county one time with his state validation tag in his ear.

They chew tails off a lot. We catch a lot of hogs with no tails.

Comment

Feral

I see all colors and breeds behind the house

Comment

You can't go by the markings. Feral

Comment

I've seen his cousins close to Lampasas and Lincoln Ranch and First Point bowhunting, stunning family resemblance.

Comment

Ground check to verify

Comment

Feral with a domestic blood line in the mix. According to some stuff I have read, very rarely will you find a 100% Eurasion feral hog. If it has any color other than dark brown or black, it's got domestic in the blood line somewhere.

Comment

That thing is definitely domestic. Can't imagine a wild hog mingling with cattle anyway.
                Broad daylight, naa!

Comment

Does not matter, owner has like 14 days to catch said pig. After 14 days it is considered feral. Read this somewhere in an ag class.

Comment

Feral with a domestic blood line? Feral hogs are domestic hogs that have reverted to the wild---

Comment

I watched a discovery channel show years ago that said a domestic pig would grow a longer snout, hair on it back and completely look like a feral pig in 2 months(if I remember right). I have never seen a pig that I coul question this one but o think this may be the case. My vote is escapee.

Comment

I think it's pork chops.

Comment

The title says feral or FFA? I can tell you from someone that raises show hogs, this is in no shape, form, or fashion a show hog or farm hog for that matter.

Comment

We used to see lots of that color scheme in voca, Texas.

Comment

Definitely feral. Linear shape of the forehead to nose. Lack of dept of chine as well as lack of cutability as well as shape in its sirloin juncture tell me its feral. Has a touch of hampshire in it no doubt but just a touch to give it the color pattern and maybe a hair more cutability over all. 99% of wild hogs have erect ears but hamps do also.

Comment

I know it's feral. It's just the most docile, cow acting feral pig I've ever seen. It's coloration just makes it look "pettish". This pig will die soon enough regardless. We also have several spotted pigs of various colors that need to take a dirt nap as well.

Feeder is just a toss up to see what is coming in as we are on a new lease. It'll have a feed pen around it soon enough. Cows haven't knocked it over in the 2 months it has been up, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X