Barn doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barn doors

Well, the wife wanted sliding barn doors so off to lowes I went. $500 for the set at lowes, so that was a no go. A stack of 1x4s, some hardware and a sliding track kit later, I started building

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

next on my honey-do list is this same project!!

Comment

Got then in place last night. I did some adjusting, which was easy with the tracking kit I bought. Now it's the wife's turn to make them look pretty with paint and hardware. I'll report back in a couple days.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

That looks great.

Comment

Nice Job!!

Comment

Wifes wanting the same over our pantry.

Comment

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
                Got then in place last night. I did some adjusting, which was easy with the tracking kit I bought. Now it's the wife's turn to make them look pretty with paint and hardware. I'll report back in a couple days.

What track kit did you buy? How much ($) is that portion of the project?

Comment

I would say maybe $100-125 worth of wood and the track kit was only about $15.

Shop National Hardware 8-Piece 60-in Bi-pass Door Sliding Closet Door Track Kit in the Sliding Closet Door Tracks & Track Kits department at Lowe's.com. Securing and stabilizing DIY projects is an important step in building something that can withstand a lifetime of use. Additionally, the Weatherguard (TM)

I also bought some large hinges that i cut the actually hinge part off of, just leaving the large tab that we are going to put at the top. Basically to give it the appearance as though that is whats holding it up. Hard to explain, but once i get it done you will be able to see.

Comment

very nice, love me some barn doors

Comment

Very nice. Those are getting to be very popular.
                      Thank you for sharing.

My barndo build is progressing and sometime in the future I will have a quite a few doors to build, barn doors being some of them. Can't wait.

Comment

Great job

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Those are nice!

Comment

Looks great! Did you run the 1x4's on a joiner? They fit together really good, looks like.

Comment

The 1×s I used were straight edge so it was pretty simple and quick to build with a tight fit.. My only complaint was the weight if each door. They're about 60lbs a peice. I was worried the track wouldn't hold them, but it seems to be alright

Last edited by Part Timer; 05-01-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X