Beware if you are close to the Brazos river

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TX_Phil - PM sent....

If you need a place to stay you are welcome at my place if we can get you here safely.

GOD bless - Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This was just posted to the Pecan Grove MUD web site.

Voluntary Evacuations Ordered

August 27, 2017 by PGMUD
      Fort Bend County Judge Bob Hebert has just issued an order for voluntary evacuations for several Fort Bend County subdivisions, including Pecan Grove MUD. This order is based on a potential gauge reading at 59.0’ at the City of Richmond Brazos River bridge. We calculate at this unprecedented level, Pecan Grove MUD has potential levee breach issues at 5 locations.

We want to provide this update not to frighten residents, but to do our best to inform you as to these unprecedented emergency situations. Please consider your personal circumstances and family situation as you decide whether to voluntarily evacuate your home. We strongly encourage anyone with medical conditions needing potential attention to leave while the roads are able to be passable. If the Brazos River levels reach the levels projected, you will not be able to exit onto FM 359 and we cannot predict availability of other roads.

Below is a summary of the locations and what we are doing to mitigate those areas. Our crews are working non stop to help mitigate the situation.

– FM 359 North Crossing (By the Tennis Courts). If left unmitigated, at a Brazos River level of 59′, projections are that water would enter the Pecan Lakes Subdivision (325 homes) and the commercial along FM 359. Pecan Grove MUD plans to deploy around 200’ of WIPPs (a special device to act as a temporary dam) per the MUD’s emergency action plan (EAP).

– FM 359 South Crossing (By 9’ers Grill). It left unmitigated, at a Brazos River level of 59′,
      water would enter the Pecan Lakes Subdivision (325 homes) and the commercial along FM 359. Pecan Grove MUD plans to deploy around 200’ of WIPPs (a special device to act as a temporary dam) per the MUD’s EAP.

– Access Road to the MUD Sewage Treatment Plant (on FM 359 south of the commercial properties before Plantation Place). If left unmitigated, water would enter the Plant Site and the Pecan Grove Subdivision. Pecan Grove Plans to deploy around 40’ of WIPPs per our EAP.

– Mason Road from the Golf Cart Barn to Oyster Creek. At a Brazos River level of 59.0’, if left unmitigated, water would enter the northern portions of Pecan Grove. We need around 40′ of WIPPs to be deployed to help protect this area.

– Southern Place Drive (Plantation Place Subdivision). Residents may lose access out onto FM 359 at a Brazos River level of 56 to 56.5′. We plan to try to separately inform these residents. If left unmitigated, water would enter the Pecan Grove subdivision. We plan to mitigate this area by deploying about 100′ of WIPPs per our EAP.

It is possible we will need manpower to assist with sandbags. Please do not call the MUD office. Please watch this site. We will put out calls for volunteers should the need for additional personnel arise.

Please take care of yourself and your family. These are scary times.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Phil View Post
        Just watch them announce the Brazos related mandatory and voluntary evacuations. They are still expecting 59 feet at the Richmond bridge. They said that they expect the Pecan Grove levee to hold but all access in and out will be blocked off for several days. Due to all access being cut off they issued a voluntary evacuation. Not sure what we will do ourselves. Talking it out now. If we go where would be go? All family is in Victoria and Cuero so no good heading that way. We've got plenty of food and water (and scotch) so we could hold out for several days if needed. Hmmm.. a lot to think about.
        https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydr...hgx&gage=rmot2
        Place to stay downtown if you need it.

Comment

Thanks for the offers guys, really appreciate it. Looking like we might be locked in already due to not being able to get north or west from here. 99 around Clay and around 529 looks to be under water. 290 in Prairie View looks questionable on the Drive Texas web site but Google Maps is showing closures.

Comment

We bugged out this afternoon and made it to my folks place. Took some doing to find a clear path but we are safe. Worried about the house and what we might go home to but as others have said, it's just stuff.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad y'all made it out...I have a REALLY bad feeling about the Brazos if it hits 59 or more!

Comment

The projections for the Brazos might be changing in our favor slightly, very slightly but still a sliver of good news. They are still calling for a crest of 59' but now it looks like that will come mid morning Thursday, not Tuesday evening. The river should start going down mid day Friday and be back in the 54' range late night Saturday or Sunday morning.
                Attached Files

Comment

That is still major flooding.

Everyone still ok?

Comment

Anyone know info on the levee breach and what might be effected?

Comment

I just checked again (a little slow at work) and they just lowered the projected crest to 57'. This is major good news. Still higher than ever seen before but 2 feet less is a good thing.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I just checked again (a little slow at work) and they just lowered the projected crest to 57'. This is major good news. Still higher than ever seen before but 2 feet less is a good thing.
                        Is that because of the breach letting the water spread out?

Comment

Breach? What breach? I must have missed something.

I think the lowering of the crest is due to the storm moving further east and not putting quite as much water in the upstream watershed.

Comment

Breach? What breach? I must have missed something.

I think the lowering of the crest is due to the storm moving further east and not putting quite as much water in the upstream watershed.
                            The levee in Brazoria county breached.

Comment

Wow... I completely missed that. It might have some impact on the crest in Richmond, not sure. I sure hope we didn't catch a break at someone else expense.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                Is that because of the breach letting the water spread out?
                                Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                                The levee in Brazoria county breached.
                                Brazoria is well below Richmond.

Even at 57 feet it's going to be bad. Richard, what are y'all seeing, or did y'all bug out too?

Comment

Working...
                                X