No announcement yet.

17-18 Childress Cottle Hardeman Foard HallWilbarger Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed out to Childress this weekend, will keep you guys posted. Praying to lay down a big buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Leaving for Vernon tonight. Hoping for good things.

Comment

Any signs of pre-rut? I saw forkhorns sparring and a young 8 run a doe off on Sunday in Cottle Co.

Comment

They are searching pretty hard and starting to dog does the last couple days across the river !

Comment

I was in Cottle Co this past weekend. I saw some young bucks pushing does. Also, an older buck that had a main beam broken pushing some doe. Should get good in the next couple weeks.

Comment

I’ve got to be in Houston this weekend but I’ll be up there in a week to try and get my tag filled!

Good luck to everyone headed out this weekend

Comment

Me and my 8 year old son are headed to Kirkland after work tomorrow. Hoping to see some action this weekend!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

We saw a lot of deer this morning just not any shooter bucks. Going back out this evening and sitting in a different spot that I know big bucks often use. Will update with ldp prayerfully!

Comment

Shot a good tight rack buck that we have been trying to kill yesterday evening. He had a huge body.

Comment

Originally posted by psicoo View Post

Took one for the team and the herd. No brow tines, no get to breed again!
                      Quanah
                      Hahaha! I'm weird I guess,but I'd have shot that big b×××××d in a second!
                      I'm real tempted to start in the panhandle.A good friend of mine said there's gonna be a spot open next year.Mule deer,and whitetail?? Kind of a no-brainer,I guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hunt3469 View Post
                        Shot a good tight rack buck that we have been trying to kill yesterday evening. He had a huge body.

Nice buck congrats. That buck does have a big body. I love the bucks in this area because when you see a mature deer, there is no doubt.

Comment

Yeap that is true

Comment

Hunted Friday evening and Saturday. Saw a grand total of two does. Other guys on the lease saw some smaller bucks and does. Nothing chasing. Soon, very soon...

Well, i did see three very healthy coyotes on Friday evening. Much too far away for bow action. I also saw some evidence of a poacher. I guess it's not just an east Texas thing. Someone gut shot a pig and left it lay in the pasture. The tripod i hunted also had been rearranged from last weekend. Notified the rancher. We'll see what happens.

Last weekend my son and i went to the same pasture. Saw a guy parked behind a tree, immediately on the other side of the fence. He was more or less on the path the tripod. He didn't look right. We walked directly toward him. He got in the truck and drove off. I'm pretty sure he was getting ready to do a little illegal "hunting". Bad business. We'll see what happens.
                            Last edited by mikemorvan; 11-12-2017, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I forgot: poached gut shot pig.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Anyone see any activity up there? The panhandle rut thread got me wondering but I won’t be up there till Friday morning!

Comment

Working...
                                X