No announcement yet.

Making Progress: getting work done in Coleman county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did y'all get a hard freeze out there Sippy?

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
      Did y'all get a hard freeze out there Sippy?
      Nope, stayed at 36.

Comment

nice pigs there Sippy...

Comment

Great job! Good thread

Comment

A big skunk just fell victim to my .357 sig! I love killing nest predators.

I saw 2 quail last night on the way to the stand, the first seen out here in about 8 months.
            No hogs showed yesterday, but 10 deer for me, 5 plus a hen for tiffany. There were also 5 deer at the house feeder this morning and a lone hen.

This is the feeder we call "Fort Griffin Road." It was smooth last sunday...
            Attached Files

Comment

Aha! Got one and hit another

There were about 10 piglets with her and 2 other hogs, but I made sure I shot the momma. The coyotes will take care of the others.
              Attached Files

Comment

Good job

Comment

Nice job

Comment

That will work!!!

Comment

Well.... crap. What a deer.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
                        Well.... crap. What a deer.
                        The dreaded dead head, it happens and at least you found him. Nice buck!

Comment

Originally posted by bltiger View Post
                          The dreaded dead head, it happens and at least you found him. Nice buck!
                          Im glad I found him instead of him rotting in the pasture and never knowing what happened.

Comment

Sip, what kind of vegetation manipulation are you doing for the quail ? Read your management plan and was curious.

Comment

Originally posted by deer99hunter View Post
                              Sip, what kind of vegetation manipulation are you doing for the quail ? Read your management plan and was curious.
                              Mainly for quail I am focusing on feeding and the control of nest predators, however, I have quite a bit of native range and CRP that i am preserving and managing.

Comment

Have you thought about hinge cutting the lower limbs on some of the mesquites ?

Comment

Working...
                                X