What Red dot or reflex sight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Red dot or reflex sight?

Any suggestions for something to put on a H&K MP5? Needs to be something smaller and with a low mount.

I like my Leuopold Delta Point, but other than a Burris Fastfire, it's the only one I've owned. Light years ahead of the Fastfire though.

Comment

Cmore

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
        Any suggestions for something to put on a H&K MP5? Needs to be something smaller and with a low mount.
        I use a Trijicon RMR on my duty pistol. It is tiny and can sit almost as low as you want. I can cowitness my pistol sights (about 1/8" taller than normal sights). Pic rails would be a little taller to mount on rifle but I have seen some low profile mounts and offset rails.

The model that I use stays on and is supposed to last over 2 years on a single watch battery if left in on position. It has different lighting levels naturally but has an auto setting where it self adjusts to any light level so you can go from a dark room in a building to outside in bright sunlight and still go or vice versa.

While on my duty pistol, I have thought about getting another for my patrol rifle. I like that they have models 1 MOA, 3.25 MOA and 6.5 MOA. You can go precision of the 1 or if you know your MP5 is for close quarters up to the easy to pick up 6.5. At 25 yards that will cover about 1.5" of target.

My AR15 duty rifle has the Trijicon MRO which is comparable to an Aimpoint but has a bit of a larger objective lens than the Aimpoints that most officers carry. I like it better (which is why I have it) but it "might" be larger than you are looking for.

Comment

.... and if you are still at the office between the DPS and JP offices, I can stop by and show you both.

Comment

Aimpoint H1/T1 is what I prefer...tough as nails.

Comment

I've tried and prefer the irons on that gun. You have to get a clamping device on the rail just to add a rds

Comment

go with the rmr. did a machine gun shoot one time shot 12,000 5.56 out of the saw, 22,000 7.62 out of the 240 and about 2,000 50 out of the M2. Just took the RMR off the RDO on the saw and slapped it on the MDO of the 240 and re adjusted the sight then took entire MDO and out it on ma deuce sighted it in. This started about 0400 and when it was all said and done it was about 2345. never lost zero. Also shot quite a few 45 acp out of a FNX on another occasion. Its hard to beet that little guy

Comment

I'm also a fan of the Trijicon RMR but I prefer the dual source tritium/fiber optic models. No electronics at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Bushnell trs
                    Comes with a optional riser mount and can get it for 70 bucks on Amazon

Comment

I just acquired a AR with a Sig Sauer Red Dot. Having NO experience with this type sighting system I'm not sure if I like it or not? If I decide to stay "old school," I may put it up for sale? My question is: For those who may have this brand or similar...a colleague of mine (Force Recon Vet) leaves his on all the time?? He says the battery lasts for a longgggg time? Any comments??

Comment

That's a tough call. The clamp sucks. I'd say a reflex but a GOOD one. What MP5 is it? I want another

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                          I just acquired a AR with a Sig Sauer Red Dot. Having NO experience with this type sighting system I'm not sure if I like it or not? If I decide to stay "old school," I may put it up for sale? My question is: For those who may have this brand or similar...a colleague of mine (Force Recon Vet) leaves his on all the time?? He says the battery lasts for a longgggg time? Any comments??
                          Yes they last for a long time, but I turn mine off after I'm done shooting

Comment

Working...
                          X