Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you lease, how long have you been on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad and I have been leasing the same property for 20 years. 18 years on the original ranch. Two years ago the ranch was divided and sold. We worked out a deal with one of the new owners but had to move all of our stuff since we were hunting on the other section and that owner didn’t want to lease.

Found through a high school friend that was already on the lease.

Comment

22 years. Friend of my dad was on it and asked if I wanted on.

Comment

I envy you guys that have been on the same place for decades. If I recall correctly I have been on 6 different leases over about 30 years, so an average of 5 years between moves. Sometimes the move was due to a lease group falling apart, sometimes the land owner sold, several just sucked as a hunting property.
        Last edited by jerp; 11-21-2017, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Went 15 years not on a lease only family land, but have been on a hill country lease for two years now. Don't kill or see the biggest deer but it sure is fun seeing 15-25 deer every sit. Found it on here.

Comment

Upwards of 45 years, nobody can remember back that far!

Comment

7 years, timber company

Comment

1st year on this lease. Was next door for 10 years before. Froggy got me on both and cousins own the 2 places individually.

Comment

5 years, found through a cousin.

Comment

The first one I was on, we leased for probably close to 20 years. My dad found it through his work. We stayed on it through a couple of ownership changes. Last time it was sold, the owner decided after a couple of years he didn't want to lease it.

Moved on to the current place. Been there around 10 or 11 years. My dad knows the owner.

Comment

2 Leases
                      East Texas 4 years and found it online I think
                      Hill Country first year and found it on this sight

Comment

First year this go around. Found it on southeasttexas.com.

Last lease found through a neighborhood friend. Was on there 5 years.

Both timber company properties.

Hunted family land prior to that & paid hunts in between.

Comment

17 yrs
                          mutual friend knew the landowner

Comment

Since 1997. Found it through the Chamber of Commerce.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                              Since 1997. Found it through the Chamber of Commerce.
                              That's funny exact same here...probably different chamber of commerce though!

Comment

Been 6 years and was introduced to the land owner by a family member.

Comment

Working...
                                X