Takedown Arrows - 2 or 3 piece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Takedown Arrows - 2 or 3 piece?

So I’m wanting to make some takedown arrows for emergency purposes. I’ve seen 2 and 3 piece takedown arrows. 2 seems easier...but longer pieces for transport. 3 are easier to transport, but to me seem less stable (due to the 2 joints). My question is: which is better/worse for arrow flight? Some people have mentioned 3 piece takedown arrows retain the FOC better...but I’d like some hard evidence/experience to back it up. I’ll be shooting a 40 lb longbow.

Your going to build an arrow so incapable of accuracy that foc isn't even an equation to throw in the discussion

I wouldn't build or shoot one,.... but few joints the better..... but this is novelty at best so build whatever fits in "the bag"

Comment

Yeah, I’m not going to be using them for everyday purposes, just to have at the ready for portability should I need it, but I’d still want them to be as accurate as possible in a hunting scenario, especially for smaller game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If they’re completely useless, or completely inaccurate, why are they sold as takedown arrows?

Comment

Originally posted by Neohighlander View Post
          If they’re completely useless, or completely inaccurate, why are they sold as takedown arrows?

There are 100000000000 useless items that sell. By the time you put a broadhead on an arrow with 2-3 different spines with a straight tolerance of .... a bunch. You will have sub 10 yard at best with safety issues as well.

A crown royal bag full of rocks would honestly be better if this is a "survival situation "

Comment

Build a few and shoot them. That is the only way to find out. Just like building a good arrow for a typical set up.

Comment

What are you packing them in that they need to be so short? My 28 inch arrows carry fine on my pack or in a tube for truck conveyance.

But get some of each and see what they do; I doubt you will get an answer to this on this site, or any real bowhunting site for that matter. As survival site may be a better place to get this information.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                There are 100000000000 useless items that sell. By the time you put a broadhead on an arrow with 2-3 different spines with a straight tolerance of .... a bunch. You will have sub 10 yard at best with safety issues as well.

A crown royal bag full of rocks would honestly be better if this is a "survival situation "

Comment

Working...
                X