Why health insurance costs so much these days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texansfan View Post

I'm telling y'all fix the lobbyist and politicians FIRST and you'll see a huuuuuuggeee reduction in costs.
    What would that do?

If the average person contributes $400/mth with and average working lifespan of 45 years, that is $216,000 worth of medical treatments, including well treatments. In most cases it cost more than that in the last year of life. We have a healthcare system that is not going to last in its current form. It can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      Anchor babies along the border are a huge problem...my wife used to work labor & delivery. You take into account many of these poor don't have healthy pregnancies, newborns go to icu & then we have another family of dependents that are now on our payroll.

Illegals are a huge piece & its ignorance to refute the impacts.
      Exactly. The OP is not taking into account that the illegal is just the first generation. Shoot out "legal" babies starting at 15, repeat over and over. Those babies and their babies and so on don't show up in his made up statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
        Exactly. The OP is not taking into account that the illegal is just the first generation. Shoot out "legal" babies starting at 15, repeat over and over. Those babies and their babies and so on don't show up in his made up statistics.
        The OP obviously pays his bills because of obamacare...he's a troll trying to convince us all the marbles are in his perceived blame jar. It's an interesting topic but not worth engaging directly as you just get muddy in the cesspool hoping you can make a point, but his game is old & i'll throw rocks from the shore.

A lot of Anchor babies don't stay in the border region...they filter into the US & become part of the draining dependent class that costs us way more than any cancer patients can touch in the grand scheme. He wants to compare a ER headache / broken bone to cancer of the pancreas & say his argument is a slam dunk. So, obamacare is good and all expensive treatment bad because of x marks the spot & what else is there to discuss?? All counter points are side stepped like a slime on a rock & it goes on & on.

Healthcare is a mess & all the hands mentioned in the cookie jar play a part...we all have our Health Ins stories / billing / Ins / research / lobbying / etc issues that play into this. To pin the tail of the donkey of this HUGE COMPLEX PROBLEM on cancer treatments or any one story is just stupid & insulting, but that's his gig.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
          Do you even know how that works?

You obviously don't.

They don't administer chemo in the ER.

You need to see an oncologist and have all types of things done before a chemo regimen is administered.

You're making stuff up.

I deal in oncology all day long.

All aspects of it.

Diagnosis.

Treatment.

Billing/Payment.

Patient assistance.

You're making stuff up.

Illegals are not getting free cancer care.

Do you know that Americans can't even get free chemo without a bunch of hoops to jump through?

And you're so gung go about letting folks die if they don't have the money to pay until it's someone close to you then you'll be begging and pleading to have them saved even though they don't have the cash.

I don't care if they were a "good guy" and worked 40 years for whatever company

If he doesn't have the money to pay then you're saying he shouldn't get treatment?

Are you a doctor?

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
            Are you a doctor?
            Hell he doesn't even know what he is...one story hes a contractor who does billion dollar construction jobs next hes in the medical field saving lives and counting numbers

Comment

From his screen name I'm guessing he tried to get educated at UT Austin. That tells me all I need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                Are you a doctor?
                Yes

Comment

Bull****...lmao!!!

Comment

I'm not trying to be a smart *** with this question, I'm just trying to understand this, looking for the math that adds us to the answer.

If undoing Obamacare kicks millions of people off their medical treatments (Documented and undocumented citizens combined)....What effect will that have for the people who can still afford insurance after that?

Im 30yrs old, been an athlete since I was 19, my dogs have been to their doctor more in the last 10yrs than I have. I got fined $650 on my end of the year income taxes last year for not having Obamacare insurance. My "affordable" rate was $185 a month which would be a mf'er to squeeze out of my already worthless budget. Am I wrong for feeling like I shouldn't have to pay for health insurance if I am a health freak that never goes to the doctor? Why should I have to pay so that people who live off French fries and Coca Cola and never work out can go get blood pressure medication that will only allow them to get worse. Now-cancer-care for the elderly-ICU....I get that but where is the line drawn?

Health insurance and the whole debacle is just rrreeeeaaallly confusing to me, and for some reason it's hard to ignore this thread now lol

(Loaded question I know)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's cheaper for me to just take the fine for not having it ($650) a year than to pay $185 a month for 12months, but it ****** me off when my income tax return says I OWE money even tho I didn't go to the doctor, pulled a molar on my own last year, and worked a full time job plus a weekend job for 10 out of those 12 months. If anything, the taxes taken frommy second job adds up to me paying more than someone who worked the usually mon-fri 40hrs a week.

Is my logic off here because it feels like Uncle Sam has his hand waaay up my skirt on this issue and he ain't lettin go

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
                        Health insurance and the whole debacle is just rrreeeeaaallly confusing to me, and for some reason it's hard to ignore this thread now lol

(Loaded question I know)

It's confusing to all of us in some fashion & there are faults throughout...I could write pages about the billing practices after accepting Ins. Biggest mistake was getting the govt involved via a tax. Such BS & anti republic IMO. Our forefathers are rolling over in their graves I reckon.

Do you think the indigent / those on benefits living off the rest of us are actually paying a fine or have benefits removed to cover their FREE health care?? We are still & have always been paying for those don't in some fashion.

~~~~~~~

Hey, what part of the Valley are you in??

Comment

It's confusing to all of us in some fashion & there are faults throughout...I could write pages about the billing practices after accepting Ins. Biggest mistake was getting the govt involved via a tax. Such BS & anti republic IMO. Our forefathers are rolling over in their graves I reckon.

Do you think the indigent / those on benefits living off the rest of us are actually paying a fine or have benefits removed to cover their FREE health care?? We are still & have always been paying for those don't in some fashion.

~~~~~~~

I'm from Raymondville, lived there for the first half of my life, most of my family is still there, lived in corpus after that, been in Austin/Georgetown/killeen the last 6years now

Comment

Oh, I thought you were here...saw on another thread where you mentioned being from the valley & assumed planted.

Welcome to the fire!!

Comment

It's never really been about healthcare. It's about getting votes for the free chit so politicians can keep their cushy jobs and get all theirs for free plus the kick backs they get rich on. Obamacare is a very complicated ponzi scheme that will eventually implode. Those at the top will get filthy rich while those victims at the bottom lose everything. A few in the middle will break even.

Comment

~~~~~~~

So they were rolling over when Social Security and Medicare were started.
                                Obamacare principles are not new.
                                Welfare in the US has been around at least 80 years.

Stop complaining and DO something about it.
                                Have you spoke to your elected politicians about these issues?

I doubt it

Comment

Working...
                                X