No announcement yet.

Raccoon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get your coon, soak it in marinade of choice for about two days, then put it, cut up carrots, taters, onions, and put in pan and cover with tin foil. Cook for about 2 hours on 275 degrees. Pull from oven, let it sit for 10 minutes. Pull the coon out, throw in the garbage and eat the veggies, tin foil and all....

Comment

Ate once. @&$% it was greesy... And purple

If you tricked people that it was pulled pork, they deserved it

It's kinda like eating bear... Which I think sucks as well, unless you camo it to the point you can't taste what is what

Comment

Originally posted by Specktackulure View Post
        I served 5 coons at my sisters wedding that she had me cater. I boiled them first then smoked, pulled the meat off the bones and served it. Told everyone it was pulled pork, It was the first meat gone and no one was any wiser until I told them what it was.
        Thinking there was an open bar at this wedding... lol

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
          Once , never again

Greasy, tough and nasty. We cooked low and slow for hours in a black iron pot with onions , peppers , garlic and seasonings. None of it helped. Buzzard food.

Tried it twice in college!! Once like you did and pressure cooked it down and smoked it till it fell apart and made BBQ coon sammiches!! Was terrible that way too!! Coons no nutria!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My uncle threw one on the smoker (vertical) under a brisket. Didn't do anything more than salt and pepper. Everybody carried on about how good it was. Of course, most of them were drunk and I was so young I didn't know any better!

Comment

#coonlivesmatter

Comment

trying different ways to cook them
                the biggest thing I can say is let them bleed out completely
                remove every bit of fat you can
                (as said before boil low and slow)

Comment

Bbq

Comment

Chicharrones.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

We have a father / son originally from Arkansas who on our lease & they cooked some coon for us last year...it was like bad cabrito!!

Wouldn't pass on it if I was starving, but will go with the other options.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        We have a father / son originally from Arkansas who on our lease & they cooked some coon for us last year...it was like bad cabrito!!

Wouldn't pass on it if I was starving, but will go with the other options.
                        I have tried it about three times in my life about ten years apart. I guess it took that long to get the taste out of my mouth. Nasty, greasy, strong, stinky, stuff.

I have skinned and sold thousands of them though so someone likes them.

Comment

I've never had it but I'd definitely try it. Check out this video on the Coon Man of Detroit. Pretty cool. http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...ot-bad12112014

Comment

We killed several young coons and decided to try them fried like chicken. Wasn't too bad until you tasted the grease. If I had to try cooking them, I would want them to be young ones, and then I would boil first to try to get rid of as much grease as possible, and then chicken fry.

Or maybe even wrap in bacon. I will eat a lot of unusual things, but I will pass on the coon for now.

But years ago, there was an old man who would buy them for barbecue. When trapping was profitable, we would get a few bucks per coon by saving them for him.
                            Last edited by wickll; 07-24-2016, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I know someone that grinds them in to burgers. Says they are not as greasy this way and the only way he will eat them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe you should look up Louisiana Bowhunting Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X