No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started low carb June 15th, down 47 lbs on September 15th. Went from a 38 waist to a 33
    Waist. I am a firm believer. Feel great, blood pressure is 123/71, resting heart rate is 68. I stopped on the 15th due to my elk hunt. I am holding steady at my present weight and am going back low carb to drop about another 5 lbs. Best thing I ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
      Thanks. I get:

Protein Grams: 213
      Fat Grams: 98
      Carbs Grams: 158
      Fiber Grams: 45-60

When all of these macros are added up you get a total of 2359 calories.

Is that correct on carbs? I thought I was supposed to be less than 20?
      You're correct. Yours should be:

2359 total

Fat - 1651 calories = 183.4 grams = 70%
      Protein - 569.75 calories = 147.43 grams = 25%
      Carbs - 118 calories = 29.5 grams = 5%
      Last edited by icetrauma; 10-07-2017, 10:20 PM.

Comment

2 days back on and in moderate ketosis, per keto pee sticks, last night.

Comment

I fell off..... bad too, ate a half loaf of bread. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
            I fell off..... bad too, ate a half loaf of bread. Smh
            My weakness is Pappasito's chips, salsa, rita's and fajita's! The good thing is, it's easy to hop back on.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
              My weakness is Pappasito's chips, salsa, rita's and fajita's! The good thing is, it's easy to hop back on.

For the salsa, use unseasoned pork rinds...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post

good tip.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post

We always take a bag of pork skins into Mexican restaurants with us. We use them with the queso and guacamole all the time, just have to take it easy with the queso & salsa because the carbs can add up if you over indulge.

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                    50lbs in 94 days for me

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                    85 days here and down 45 lbs. Only loosing 1-3 lbs a week now. Makes the next 55 lbs look like forever away. I'm to a point now to where cheating once voids a whole week of progress.

Everyone talking about how much it cost. One thing this has shown me is how companies really do target lower income individuals. I use to read about health problems of the poor and the quality of food, but I blew it off as nonsense. Now though, I see it every time I go to the store. Cheap food is pumped full of hidden sugars. Like peanut butter , real natural organic peanut butter isn't that high in carbs, but you look at the cheap store brands and they have added sugar or corn syrup. Of course the real peanut butter cost more.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                      We always take a bag of pork skins into Mexican restaurants with us. We use them with the queso and guacamole all the time, just have to take it easy with the queso & salsa because the carbs can add up if you over indulge.
                      That's a good idea. I usually just suck the salsa off the chips. Pour the queso over my fajita steak, if its not covered in goat cheese. Have thought about bringing in those HEB carb smart tortillas. Two have 6 carbs. what I use at home when making fajitas.
                      Last edited by crawdaddct; 10-12-2017, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
                        That's a good idea. I usually just suck the salsa off the chips. Pour the queso over my fajita steak, if its not covered in goat cheese. Have thought about bringing in those HEB carb smart tortillas. Two have 6 carbs. what I use at home when making fajitas.
                        You can take those same tortillas, cut into quarters and put them in the toaster. Now you have 8 good size tortilla chips for 6 carbs. I know it's not a whole basket of chips like we're used to, but it can cure a craving.

Comment

Any one add fasting to their Keto diet?
                          I dropped 30 pounds by staying under 30 carbs a day for 6 months.
                          Then i went into maintenance mode around 50 carbs a day.
                          i skip breakfast, just do a bulletproof coffee.
                          I find the fasting really helps curb the bad effects of a cheat.
                          Anyone else experience the carb fog when they get off keto?

Comment

I IF 2-3 times a week. Usually have my last meal no later than 7PM and will get a pretty good workout in the next day before eating again at around 1-2PM.

I'm going to start throwing in a 24 hour fast once a month and depending on how that goes I might see about extending it to a 36 or 48 hour fast.

When I go off Keto I notice a difference pretty quick in how I feel and when I get back on Keto, I feel really sluggish for the first 3-4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by rehmeyer1977 View Post
                              I have done it off and on. However, the morning bullet proof coffee breaks your fast. Switch to plain black to extend it.

Carb fog or feel like total crappola? Yes, to both.

Comment

Originally posted by rehmeyer1977 View Post
                                Did the fasting (18 hours) a couple of times and was really please with the results. I did a 36 hour fast and was extremely surprised that my energy level was still good towards the end.

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                                I have done it off and on. However, the morning bullet proof coffee breaks your fast. Switch to plain black to extend it.

Carb fog or feel like total crappola? Yes, to both.
                                A quick question as to the carb "cheat" thing: I have on a few occasions done a high carb intake just prior to highly intense activity. On all of the occasions it seamed I had plenty of energy and yet was able to avoid the carb "fog". Does anyone know how bad it is to spike carbs while on a high fat eating plan?? The reason I ask, is because in the past I have read that it is a combination of cholesterol along with a spike in blood sugar that creates the plaque that eventually creates blockages in arteries.

Comment

Working...
                                X